+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low HcG Levels...HELP!

Hi all!

hubby and I found out we were expecting last saturday, baby due on August 13th 2012. I went sunday and had it confirmed and went for the blood test on the monday....just came back from the doctor who said everything was good, except....my HcG levels were very low, he said it was either the pregnancy was non-viable or i was earlier along then he thought....now i need to go for an ultrasound tomorrow to see what's going on....im so scared!!!!...i cried all the way home!...I went past the chemist and picked up a digital test.....it said "pregnant 3+"...meaning i concieved 3 weeks ago (my husbands birthday)....and could only possibly be 3 weeks along???? could that be why my HcG levels are so low?...becuase im only 3 weeks along, rather then the 5 weeks from my LMP?....i remeber the doctor last time with my first pregnancy saying my positive live was faint, but still positive and my HcG were low, but not to worry.....do you think its happening again, just this doctor has a differect approuch? or could something be wrong....?????
    would love some feed back!
    thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Easier said than done but try not to stress!

You could just have low levels - some ladies do. If its said 3+ on the digital test perhaps you aren't as far as you thought. I don't get the whole LMP thing to be honest! When I got my BFP I would have been nearly 8wks (I have irregular cycles) but when I went for my ultrasound I was just 5 weeks. Going back next week to have a follow up.

Fingers crossed you are just not as far along as you thought! What were your levels? My first blood test I was 426.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it said pregnant 3+ tat means 3 weeks from conception which mean 5 weeks pregnant. 3 weeks pregnant would mean you still wouldn't be due for you af for a week because it goes from first day of last period = day 1 of pregnancy. What was your hcg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    What were your levels? Hcg has a really broad range of 'normal'. At 5 weeks your numbers can still be pretty low, the important thing is that they increase. If the hpt matches your dates I would have thought that was a good sign.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a similar thing with low HCG levels and they sent me for another check to make sure they were rising OK. I'm now 27 weeks pregnant. Levels can be low, just because most women may fall in the middle of the range some of us have to have low but in range levels.

Wishing you all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hey

Hugs, it must be very stressful for you.

I have heard so many different stories from early blood tests and hcg - first issue is that it's about doubling in early days, not the actual level. I personally steer very clear from hcg monitoring because it is so varied and like others have said, they've had low levels and now their pregnancies are fine.

If your only 5 weeks, there is a good chance that they wont see much on the scan either and that addds another level of anxiety. I would wait it out until 6 weeks when there could be a heart beat (even then you could be out on your dates).

Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all!

thanks for posting so quickly....im not sure what they were, i thought a saw a 2 in there somewhere, but he didn't give me the actul number...very nervous at the moment, the doctor wasn't very sympathectic either....when you're telling someone there's a possibility the pregnancy could be non-viable you'd expect a bit of sym[pathy, but he was like...."hcg levels, low...you need to have an ultrasound to see if its viable....then book an app with me on sunday...".....not too impressed....*fingers crossed* all gose well.....will keep you posted!

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there, doctors can be so clinical and insensitive. Good luck with the follow up, let us know :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doc also said my first one was low at 40 (11dpo) but 2 weeks later is 40326!! So fx yours is the same xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BBoo For This Useful Post:

wantababybump  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending you lots of sticky !