+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Plastic surgery after baby?

Who would get plastic surgery after having bubs?

Who has had any?

I am seriously considering getting a b00b job in around 12-18 months.

I have always, always hated my b00bs so very much... I've always felt self conscious and never been able to confidently wear low cut tops or even swimmers in summer.

My issue isn't exactly that I am small chested, but, er, a bit bigger on one side...!

So tell me about it...? Can you breast feed after having one? I want more children down the line, but not sure how I feel about bfing just yet so this isn't a huge factor.

How big did you go? Did you take long to recover? Did you work on your getting your body "back" before getting it done?

I don't want to look unnatural, but just more sculpted and balanced.

Any other information would be appreciated.

Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Breastfeeding depends on how you have implants put in I think but your surgeon should be able to explain it all.

I do want surgery yes lab1a plasty but I've wanted that since I was a teen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    Breastfeeding depends on how you have implants put in I think but your surgeon should be able to explain it all.

I do want surgery yes lab1a plasty but I've wanted that since I was a teen
    Hello mk!!
    Thanks.. I might have to look into it a bit more.. It seems that "under the muscle" implants are more bf friendly then above....... And the fact that I have seen a few sets of above that pretty much just looked like huge bolt ons! Not the look I am going for personally!

I mean, lots of people look at me and think I have a good/nice size chest, but omg I HATE it!
    It's hard when family can't understand why u want surgery when *to them* you appear "normal"...... It's frustrating. Luckily dp understands how self conscious I am.... I think he gets upset that I am upset over it.. Even though it's not really too noticeable, it is a big thing for me and I haven't talked to anyone about it before!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by FloatingFairy; 17-02-2012 at 14:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannonigans View Post
    Yep I have

HAHAHA as if you didnt already know LOL

BUT, you should totally do it if thats what you want to do

My expert advice is to make sure you ae 110% (+3) confident with your surgeon.
    Get private health because you don't want just anyone cutting you open!
    Make sure the surgeon discusses all different options because there is a variety

Opt for saline ones, because they are SO SAFE and have a longer life span.

Make sure you let your surgeon know that you plan on having more kids and breastfeeding.

these days, the technology is so much more advanced that implants is never an issue.

When I told my OB about my implant even tho I cant BF from that side anyway, I was worried about it during the growth I would experience during pregnancy and he informed me that many many women have implants and that it has no effect during pregnancy.

I was hoping you would reply

I do have private health, but not sure if I could claim on it for "cosmetic purposes"....? Is there a way around this?

I do have a dr in mind and he is private and it's day surgery where I live... I have heard nothing but fantastic reports about him.. I have seen some of his work and he is pretty fab! But I will arrange a consult before anything anyway to be super certain...

So if I had saline, how do they feel...? Natural? What's the other type.. Gel? what's the difference...? I'd assume saline to be more .. Watery? And have a jelly like feel like natural breast tissue?

To be honest, just the thought of getting them done makes me want to cry wit happiness.

I think around this time next year it's something I will def be looking into seriously. I'm tired of feeling so blaaaa about my body

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlantic Puffin For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (15-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I say do it!! You wont look back

I got mine done about 7 months ago and im so happy that I wished I got them done sooner

My advice is do your research! There are a lot of great forums out there that have a ton of info.

I have silicone and feel 100% safe with them. Silicone has come along way and they are stronger and a memory gel so they cant leak even if they were 'popped'. If your implant 'pops' with saline you will need another surgery to fix it. You will probably find that majority of Australians choose silicone Also silicone feel more natural then saline.

Make sure you go with a plastic surgeon not a cosmetic surgeon. Cosmetic surgeons are just GP's. They dont need any more qualifications to be a cosmetic surgeon. Which is scary! There is an australian board of plastic surgeons website that you can type the surgeons name in to check they are in fact a plastic surgeon.

If you want to have more children in the future under the muscle is the only way. I got unders and I love the way they look. I can 'dress them up or down'

Lastly im not gonna sugar coat this but my recovery was horrible. I can admit that im bit of a sook but i didnt think it would be any harder then the 2 c sections I had. I pretty much slept for a week. I couldnt pick up my boys until 4 weeks which was really hard but lucky I had my DF home for 3 weeks.
    In the first week DF had to pull down and pull up my knickers every time I went to the toilet. You just dont realise how much you use your chest muscles! I was back into my usual gym routine by about 6 weeks PO.

HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the opposite issue, went from a manageable e cup to an extremely embarrassing I-j cup!
    Really want a reduction!
    It's horrible having a part of you be an embarrassment and affect your life that way!
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I know a few people that have had them done and I reckon wait until you have finished having kids.
    There would be nothing worse than spending thousands on them and having them ruined again with BFing.

I used to want one but I sooo cbf anymore plus mine survived well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its not so much breastfeeding as pregnancy that effects/ 'ruins' boobs.

I would suggest waiting more because your sizes will change with pregnancy and feeding and you may fond they end up more even

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    Its not so much breastfeeding as pregnancy that effects/ 'ruins' boobs.

I would suggest waiting more because your sizes will change with pregnancy and feeding and you may fond they end up more even
    In some people, mine were 'softened' and stretched from BFing when they got bigger and then deflated. Pregnancy didn't affect them at all.