+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone have tinting on there windows at home?

Hi

As the title suggest we are looking into tinting ds's bedroom window as it can get very hot in there (30 C +).

So just after some advice

Did it keep the heat out?

How long did it last or is it still lasting?

How much did you pay for it (sorry if to personal)?

How long did it take for the tinting ppl to tint the windows?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have tinted windows but I didn't get the existing windows tinted. We had whole new windows and security screens installed and they came already tinted. We've got super black glass that you can't see in at all except at night if you have the lights on.
    It's made a noticeable difference on hot days. You can stand infront of the windows without your skin frying and the carpet hasn't faded at all where sunbeams shine through for several hours a day.
    We're really happy with them and are slowly replacing all the windows in the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have the tinted security film which we had put on every window about this time last year. I'm in wa and it hasn't really been hot enough here yet to compare to last year but definitely felt the difference in winter (not as cold by far inside despite frost outside)

For us it was about $4500 to do the whole house (from memory). The only downside is that the house is pretty dark in winter but I can handle that

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also in wa. We had our front windows tinted as that was where the hot sun was in the evenings and as soon as the guy left... Whoa!! What a difference it made! Two large double windows cost us just under $400. We shopped around!! Had quotes up to $1000. It's the best thing we ever did to reduce the heat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same problem and got mine tinted a whine ago. It did make the room slightly darker but you can use different levels of tinting. From the outside you can't see in at all but can see out normally. It has reduced the temp by about 3 dgrees at a guess and also stops the early morning sun. I also put block out curtains on which help a lot too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and only a couple of hundred dollars but I got 3 done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have tinting on all the windows that get direct sunglight. We had it done on the last house too. We live in WA so it can get pretty hot. Great for heat reduction (there is a very noticable difference), less sunfade to carpets and curtins and really adds to the privacy in the front of the house - as well as looking nice.

I cant remember what we paid - but I do remember I shopped around. You need to compare apples to apples with tint - some companies will quote with a cheaper tint etc. We have 3M tint on ours. The front of the house has darker tint and a lighter one at the back.

It took a few hours to do the whole house. I would definately have it done again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    WA here as well and our house has all the windows tinted. Definitely helps with keeping the heat out in Summer and cold out in winter. Also as we live on a main road I love the privacy it gives when we have the curtains open at the front of the house.