+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I also read a book called 'delivery by appointment' very informative. Very unbiased.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I would avoid a c-section at all costs!
    Is that from experience or just an opinion?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    I had a csection and found it to be a calm peaceful relaxed enjoyable experience. I am on the other hand more petrified of natural delivery. I think you will be pleasantly surprised it is actually a very easy recovery and all of the women In my mothers group had a worse time healing down below then I had healing from my csection.

Yes I feel this way too.

I had a really horrible labour which ended in c section and knowing what I know now I will be booking in for a c straight away.

I remember feeling terrified of c sections too OP! The catheter always freaked me out also! I had to have a catheter put in(and out) twice and it was so easy! Didn't hurt at all. It was kind of an awesome feeling not having to pee especially when I practically lived on the toilet in those last few weeks of pregnancy!

I can't comment on laying there numb as I had a GA and slept through the whole thing. I still got some beautiful moments with DS when I woke up and DS had some bonding time with family whilst I was in recovery.

The hospital stay can be quite a pain in the butt and there is a risk of complications of course. I, personally, would have the c section but best of luck with your decision and I hope if you choose the c that it doesn't scare you too much because it's really not all that bad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am absolutely terrifed of a c/s. To the point where I delivery a baby on the op table (naturally) as they were setting me up for one. I had 5 baby with 2 close calls. The first one bub was in servre distress and there was no thearthe available so the midwife did a manual dilation (braking all the rules) the second was a face presentation bub ( the one I delevery on the op table to surprise of everyone in the room(15 people).

I been offered one with this bub due to 3rd degree tear with (bub2) being my 6th, last bub's fp, and a few more reasons. I turned them down flat. I just can't do it. It just too scary. i know the risks but I trust my body to do it job and in case of a emergency I will have to save bub but I just can't bring myself to plan one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a cs but it wasn't my first choice! Yes I would far prefer to go the vaginal birth but if you need/want a cs that's how it has to be. I found it more of an inconvenience than anything and tbh it wasn't as bad as I thought. My catheter was out within 12 hours, I picked baby up as usual (disn't know I wasn't supposed to) and I was supermarket shopping and catching the bus within a week.

Hoping you don't need one but if you do, embrace it asap so your anxiety around it doesn't gain momentum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    Is that from experience or just an opinion?

I've never had a c-section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I would avoid a c-section at all costs!
    That's a very extreme view. I could've avoided it at the cost of my sons life, I'm really glad I chose him over a VB.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, yes, yes!!! I am so petrified of having a c-section, and I'm not pregnant either.

I had a very simple posterior drug free birth with DD back in 03 but since have had medical problems which have put me into a high risk category which would likely require a c-section delivery if I was to fall pregnant again, this alone has put all my dreams for a future baby on hold as I had always imagined a home birth for my next one

So I too will avoid one at all costs, even of it means DD remains an only child. I would only ever agree to one if bubs showed distressed during labour personally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    That's a very extreme view. I could've avoided it at the cost of my sons life, I'm really glad I chose him over a VB.
    I was responding the op and her situation. Always interesting how people take it so personally.

FYI, I would've had to have a c-section at 32 weeks with my twins who shared a sac as this is very rare, unfortunately, we terminated for medical reasons.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just replying to the op..

My first 2 births were posterior spontaneous vaginal births my 3rd was an anterior spontaneous vaginal birth, I attribute this to my twice weekly chiro visits from 39 weeks (wish I started earlier as it gave me heaps more movement). But can I tell you that her birth was just as painful as my first 2 IMO when it's sunny it's sunny!

And just to answer your question re cesarean section, no not really but I know I would only have one if I truly needed it just like any other major surgery.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app