+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh yeah - in the bedroom, with DP, there are no vaginas

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (15-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    As the others had said, only for the forum. In real life i use the actual words for things.
    This.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    I used to be a mum that only used bits etc....

I learnt a hard lesson when my a family member child didn't know the correct terms to use in court and they wouldn't accept the kids names she was using and her rapist father got off.
    And this is exactly why IMO every parent should teach their children the correct terms.

I've said it on here before but when I worked at DOCS we had one kid who had been telling her teacher for months that "Daddy plays with my flower". If the child had been taught the correct terms, the abuse would have stopped sooner as it understandably took the teacher a while to figure it out.

In answering the OP, I edit on here so it won't show up in google, but use the correct terms IRL.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I held the hand of a little girl while she told the nice woman police office that her stepfather touched inside her front bottom. The police office asked if she knew the right name for her front bottom and the child replied v@gina. The cop said to the child's mother and me later on that the only reason they could lay charges AND EXPECT THEM TO STICK was that the child knew the correct names.

The scum sucking monster had taught the little girls that she wold be in very big trouble if she used the correct anatomical names, so we had to be careful to get her to understand that she had to use the right names

My kids have only ever been taught the right names.

On the interwebz I use substitutes so as to not attract trolls

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As a victim of abuse, I've been so pained to make sure that all the correct terms are used. I feel when children know their anatomy correctly, without skirting about and adding 'cute' names to it - they will be more sure of themselves and their personal space.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BabushkaMumma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Thank you all so much for your responses, I really appreciate it.

I'll definitely be teaching my kids the proper names. It completely and utterly astounds me that they would throw out charges just because the child didn't use the correct names. I guess I'm thinking of the old cliché "show me on the doll where he touched you". Still, it's a terrifying thought and hopefully it's never an actual issue for us!

Sent from my Nokia 5110 using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never though of using correct terms in case of abuse etc. What an eye opener. Thanks for making me more aware.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jess1889 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (16-12-2011)