+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Aaaghh tripletime! He better not cry the whole time! I'll be a mess!

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I always ask to be seated next to an empty seat when I'm travelling with tots. I don't always get one but when I do, it's just soooo much easier!
    Otherwise, I say window

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Seacretsquirrel  (14-12-2011)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    I always ask to be seated next to an empty seat when I'm travelling with tots. I don't always get one but when I do, it's just soooo much easier!
    Otherwise, I say window
    Oooh yes, I do this too! Majority of flights will have a few spare seats (or so I have found), it makes life much easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Another vote for Aisle - I have done many Darwin to Brisbane (4 ish hrs) and I tend to go for aisle because when you can pick your own seat and you can see the aisle is taken then they won't pick that window- obviosly if it is packed the there is little choice, but so far it as mostly worked for me (same when flying with 2 kids I go for the aisle and middle and often end up with the whole row!)
    But aisle gives you the option of getting up and down esp if bubs is still pooing with each feed then you are likely to have to get up at least once to change a bum - biggest tip pack extra clothes for you and but (at least a clean top for you) as I have had a few nappy blow outs mid air! - also make sure you have an extra blanket for bub - a couple of times this has saved my jeans drom afore mentioned blow outs!
    Good luck hope he sleeps for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by punky View Post
    Aaaghh tripletime! He better not cry the whole time! I'll be a mess!
    You'll be fine!

DH's last flight from Perth there was a newbie that cried most of the to Melbourne in hunger. Mum kept shushing him instead of attempting to feed him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aisle I say! When travelling with my DD2 at 4.5 months I got up lots so it was very handy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you book a bassinette? They are great for infants. Youll be fine, I flew with my little girl Melb-Perth and she slept the whole time. I gave her a dummy for take off and landing and she didnt even care for it. Bubs wont cry for the entire flight.
    Hopefully they wont book someone next to you but Id go for the aisle just in case you need to stand up. Also request a pillow to put under your arm for support!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For domestic flights, we have managed to always have the seat next to us blocked so we have had aisle and window seats.

Especially if you are travelling alone with bubs, call the airline and ask them about bassinet seat and possible blocking the chair next to you should the plane have spare seats. They are normally quite helpful with that.

We moved to WA from NSW in Oct 2010, have flown syd and back 5 times and everytime they have been very helpful. I have also flown with Qantas, Virgin and Jetstar to test them out and they were all the same in regards to offering seat blocking etc.

Brain, brain, gone away, will come back another day.