+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jenrose View Post
    I didn't my hormones did :-( ooh I'm feeling extra pregnant today, upset, fat, hot and smelly.
    Gotta love those hormones - they had me yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Damn hormones!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Aww sorry if I upset you.

What I was 'wowing' was more than I place a lot more stock in faith over religion and I could've worded that better!

Hope you're feeling better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I understand why people are saying "why would you want to send your child to a school where they're going to be taught their lifestyle is wrong etc etc" but...

I am a huge campaigner for gay rights and I believe gay couples should be able to marry, have kids, send their kids to the school of their choosing etc. I was not raised catholic, yet I will be trying to send my kids to a catholic school in which I know to be absolutely fantastic. While we don't go to church, I think there is no harm in my children having a wide range of knowledge when it comes to religion, so if they chose to follow any religion, I'd be supportive of that.

At the end of the day, a school is a school. My sister went to a catholic school (for the same reasons I'll send my kids to this particular school, it has amazing teachers, fantastic activities, great results) and while she's not religious, she showed a keen interest and excelled in her religion classes, and really enjoyed learning new things. There is no harm in that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry OP - I missed your thread before I opened mine (reeling from shock)

This school gets 85% government funding - so they aren't wholly private.

...I think it was a disgraceful move to reject this family! -- in such a small town too ...everyone knows everyone...I'm certian there will be fall out from this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think the point is, if a school is willing to accept govt money (heathens taxpayer money - inc from homosexuals) - they should have to abide by the same anti-discrimination laws.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (20-12-2011),trishalishous  (15-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    All schools in Australia get funding from the government so by your definition there is no private schools in Australia. And the reason their funding percentage is so high is that they charge minimal school fees due to the low socio economic status of the students and the size of the school (it has just over 100 students in the whole school compared to an average of about 300 in the local state run schools)
    I wasn't really trying to define them or question WHY they get their funding... I was just popping in whilst getting kids ready for school and wanted to point out that they are receiving funding to give {in the form of education} to the community.

In this little town schools have the 'status' attached to it aswell - and I think Sacred Heart and Morgan st school are the most cliquey and most of the children from 'low socio economic' families are well dispursed between the other public schools.
    It still doesn't give them the right to discriminate based on a child's parents living arrangments. Does it?

All i've heard so far [not just here on bh] is that 'well that's their beliefs..' -- it angers me that in this day and age a school can be above the anti discrimination act.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted to put DS into an Anglican school and was told by one of the other parents that although she didn't have a problem with it, and the school would never disclose it- she thought I would have trouble getting him in due to my being a single parent. She said that there was only one other single parent in the whole school and she became a single parent after the fact.

Yes- it still happens.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    if a school accepts govt funding, they must follow govt laws. pure and simple.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

DaddyLarge  (15-12-2011),MilkingMaid  (20-12-2011)

RoarsomeMum is offline Right to speak, responsibility to listen..
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope she has a MOST ENJOYABLE Kinder experience!
    I hope she makes friends, is invited to birthday parties, enjoys the full range of social and emotional development we all hope kinder offers our kids..

I REALLY hope she is never made to feel different, bad or ashamed that she has 2 loving parents.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoarsomeMum For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (20-12-2011),NancyBlackett  (15-12-2011)