+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default My friends baby died

I just feel so sad. So sad for the beautiful little baby and so sad for my friends. I want to do something for them but what can be done? Nothing will bring their baby back and I guess all I can do is "be there"? It's been a couple of weeks. We've had the funeral. I sent a card and flowers and send virtual hugs by text every so often. They say they don't want visitors.
    Can anyone suggest anything I can do? Particularly if you have lost a baby, were there things that people did that you liked or things you wish people had done or hadn't done? Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly hugs to you and your friends.

Maybe try and get in contact with LAMB Little Angel Memory Boxes. They provide memory boxes for people who have lost babies/children.

They also can give you details of other support services in your area that your friend maybe able to access.

They have a web page and a Facebook page.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I forgot to add food. Make freezer friendly food, fresh bread and milk, toilet paper etc. If they don't want visitors just place it on there door step with a little note.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amiee For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amiee View Post
    And I forgot to add food. Make freezer friendly food, fresh bread and milk, toilet paper etc. If they don't want visitors just place it on there door step with a little note.
    I was going to say this knock on the door and leave that way they don't have to deal with people if they're not up for it if they answer before you're gone just say hi explain you're just dropping and running and head off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. They are both great ideas. I'll check out those angel people and will do some cooking this weekend.