+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did not mean this as an offence As a pp said, Im just trying to understand. Thats all. Again, if for some miracle I would end up pregnant again, I would have to do some very serious thinking whether I would continue, knowing all the risks involved, or if I would terminate.
    I understand that everyone has a different situation and makes their decisions based upon their own individual situation.
    I didn't think it was offensive and I apologize if my post came over as offensive
    I will remove it....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kribby View Post
    Hunnybun I wrote a response many times but just couldn't formulate a decent response.

I too did ivf both times and I'm sorry misschief if I came across rudely but I've had to justify too many times about doing ivf then when someone questions on top of that about why again when I'm high risk it just hits a nerve. When all I want is a family why am I feeling like I'm continuously having to justify myself and why the hell should I? KWIM? This is why I stay out of the general boards mostly so yes, maybe it would be better to ask there and then you may get more responses. This thread is more for support where as a thread in the general section wouldn't be.
    I agree Kribby totally, hugs to you too. It's hard enough going through IVF then going through the Prem/Nicu experience and then have to be questioned about it. It's really nobody's business but ours, my OB told me 6 weeks post baby (dd) that I could go have a baby whenever I want again. So thats interesting isn't it? My OB tells me that yet people are so judgmental and say why would you do it again. I know one of my work friends said the same thing and I was quite upset about it. I also agree that question is more for the general boards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I did not mean this as an offence As a pp said, Im just trying to understand. Thats all. Again, if for some miracle I would end up pregnant again, I would have to do some very serious thinking whether I would continue, knowing all the risks involved, or if I would terminate.
    I understand that everyone has a different situation and makes their decisions based upon their own individual situation.
    I didn't think it was offensive and I apologize if my post came over as offensive
    I will remove it....
    That's ok Misschief like I said it is a sensitive subject and we're pregnant, hormonal and prone to tears and did I mention sensitive lol! Like you said everyone's case is different for me falling pregnant naturally this time I believe was a blessing and I would never consider terminating a pregnancy but that's me its against by beliefs anyway. So I guess each to their own and you have to do what you feel is right for you. It's taken me almost 2 years to be ready for another child, in saying that I would like a 3rd though my husband doesn't but his reasons are more financial than anything else.
    Last edited by hunnybun1; 13-12-2011 at 14:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jatsmum View Post
    Hi ladies, had a quick read through. I'm already part of the placenta accreta group on here, just thought I'd add my name to this list too.

I've had a few high risk pregnancies now. Number 1 was great, number 2 I got a DVT with, so that meant numbers 3, 4 and this one I've done the whole clexane thing through out each pregnancy and 6wks post natal.

With number 3 I went into early labour due to an infection in my uterus, it's called chorioamnionitis. That saw me end up with an emergency c-section. I also got blood poisoning after bub was born, and was very ill for quite some time afterwards.

Number 4 saw me with GD, which I was insulin dependant, apart from that I was quite healthy for that pregnancy.

Now I'm pregnant with number 5. I have a grade 4 placenta previa with accreta/increta, which basically means that my placenta covers my entire cervix, it then attached to my uterus, grew through my uterus wall to the other side and is now attached to my bladder as well.

I'm currently 35wks and 4 days pregnant, due mid January, but will be having bub next week on the 21st December.

I was doing clexane with this pregnancy too, but as it's a hard to drug to reverse if I was to have a bleed, they have changed me to heparin. So I get to do heparin twice a day, rather then once a day on the clexane. Mind you, the heparin is a lot better than the clexane, still stings slightly, but the needles aren't blunt compared to the clexane. It is a pain in that I have to draw it up out of a vial though, they're not pre-filled like the clexane.

I already know that with my c-section for this one they also have to take my uterus, so will be having a hysterectomy and because it's attached to my bladder, will also be having a bladder reconstruction. I get to spend my first few days after delivery in ICU, and bub will go to either NICU or SPN, either because she will need to being a little early, or even if she is well, she will still go there as I won't be able to care for her being in ICU.

Hmm, I think that's it with me. I look forward to chatting to you all more.
    Wow that's alot to contend with hun, I can only imagine how hard it would be knowing you have to have all that surgery and being in ICU and having your baby in NICU or special care. Good luck for next week, I hope all goes smoothly for you and at 36.5 weeks your baby will be only 2 days off being full term so hopefully won't be in hospital for long anyway. Hugs and best wishes pls let us know how you go x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou mods hoping for more replies now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Talk about confusing lol. I actually deleted the original post as some people took offense to it, even none was intended

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not TTC at this stage as my DS is only 5 weeks old but would like to read others responses as I will be classed as high risk in my next pregnancy due to developing pre eclampsia / HELLP syndrome in my previous pregnancy with DS. I was induced at 38weeks but ended up giving birth by emergency c-section under GA due to complications of tge syndrome. DS was fine thank goodness, just a little skinny, but it was a scary experience and I will definitely be very scared in my next pregnancy but there is no doubt in my mind that I want to TTC for number 2 as soon as is safe to do so - obs says 18-24months and says there is no reason I can't go onto have a normal pregnancy next time round. They have however recommended pre conception counseling which I guess will just advise me of the risks involved and to make sure I know what I may be in for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Talk about confusing lol. I actually deleted the original post as some people took offense to it, even none was intended
    Sorry im likely to blame, I reported our posts as they were upsetting the people in the other thread and asked they be moved to their own where it's less likely to cause offense and we can still get some answers I too was curious (and like you meant no offense by it)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that each and very person is Going to have a different opinion.

My first son was enduced @38.5 weeks due to Hellp Syndrome. I had symptoms for weeks before but they were dismissed as normal for coming to the end of ur pregnancy. (I didn't know anything about Hellp of PE) I was in a bad way but didn't really know it. I'm lucky thou, my son was fine just a bit skinny. And I only had to stay in hospital for 5days after he was born while bloods etc when back to normal. I was told that because of the severity of my case my next pregnancy will be high risk and monitored closely and that I have a high chance of reoccurrence. But will I try again yes we will. We have just started TTC. Will I be scared and worried, yes, but you know what...I was in good hands last time and I believe that I will be in even better hands this time as I'll be monitored closer. Hopefully thou I can come back and say I had no complications thou.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub 🌟