+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help! What to buy my sister for christmas!

Ok so long story short, I need ideas for my 11 year old sister for Christmas. I have no idea what she's into anymore as my mother has stopped contact for over a year... I still sent her a birthday present in July of a book and a cd but now I'm really stuck as to what to send her for christmas
    Any ideas would be much appreciated!!??

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much are you wanting to spend? iTunes voucher, Diva jewellery, Smiggle stuff, cooking book (junior masterchef?), diary. My son is almost ten and these are the types of things he (or the girls in his class anyway) are into. Good on you for staying in touch, I'm sure shell appreciate it - if not now then when she's older.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Babymay For This Useful Post:

Missy14  (13-12-2011)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My 11 yr old loves LOVES Smiggle, anything to wear from Roxy etc, iTunes credit, lipgloss, art type stuff, books, sunnies etc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Missy14  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yep i 2nd smiggle!!!!
    otherwise at kmart they have ipod's for $50

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mummaof4 For This Useful Post:

Missy14  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG thank you so much ladies I had totally forgotten about smiggle stuff, I'm sure she would love it! I usually spend a fair amount (as much as I spend on my own kids!) because of our age gap I've always been more of a mummy than a sister and I miss her terribly!!
    Heaps of awesome ideas already, was hoping I wouldn't just have to buy her a gift voucher because I don't know her as well anymore. For the relationship we used to have it just seems too impersonal IYKWIM?

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Babymay View Post
    How much are you wanting to spend? iTunes voucher, Diva jewellery, Smiggle stuff, cooking book (junior masterchef?), diary. My son is almost ten and these are the types of things he (or the girls in his class anyway) are into. Good on you for staying in touch, I'm sure shell appreciate it - if not now then when she's older.
    I'm hoping my mother doesn't poison her too much in the meantime either way, when she wants me I'll be here for her, always.

Thanks
    Reviews
    that's so sad is there any other way you can contact her? any chance she's on fb? or another relative can pass on your number?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a very complicated situation. In a nutshell, my mother is unstable and downright psychotic so as much as I miss my sister, it's not safe for me or my kids to add her on fb or give her my numbers as it will only get back to my mother whom I'm having to get a restraining order against I was given full custody of my sister 2 years ago and couldn't have been happier but somehow DHS dropped the case against my mother (without even investigating the allegations) and I was forced to return her after having her for 4 months. It's just so horrible and I wish there was something more I could do

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's rubbish! My niece (also 11) wants gelees (sp?) where you make gel window sticker things that are removable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Couldn't read without sending . How sad for you and your sister, really hope things work out for the 2 of you in the future.

Oh and I agree with Smiggle stuff, and Roxy t-shirts always popular too. (hope your mum lets her open your presents)

Best wishes.