+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default People who obviously don't like you

How do you handle them?

Me ex finacee (seperated about 4 yrs ago) has a new finacee and they have a bub together. Thing is, I am still in the same friendship 'circle' as my ex...hence so is the new fiancee! She HATES me. She is never rude to my face, but she refuses to aknowledge me or even look me in the eye when I attempt to talk to her. When DS was born, she was the only person there on the night all my friends met him that didnt come over or congratulate or even force a smile in my direction. When her bub was born, I congratulated them both said how gorgeous bub was blah blah, asked about the birth blah blah. I made an effort. I've always been pleasant to her, and nup, not getting a simgle bit of effort back. Which can make social situations awkard.

So, not after advice, just putting my situation out there, and wondering how do YOU deal with people who quite obviously don't like you, but you sometimes have to see in a social situation anyway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    My SIL does not like me and has made this perfectly clear over the years.

I try not to see her too often but when I do I am polite but cool. Often at family gatherings she just ignores me anyway which suits me just fine. After being with DH for over 9 years I am used to her childish behavior.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest, I try to avoid all social functions that I know that person will be at until they die or leave the country.

Yep I'm a wimp.

OR

I'm nice to them, almost overly, just to reinforce the problem is theirs and that I don't have time for such nonsense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurty View Post
    [/I][/B]
    I'm nice to them, almost overly, just to reinforce the problem is theirs and that I don't have time for such nonsense.
    I also do this. It's much harder to be a cow then just be cool and treat the person like any other acquaintance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurty View Post
    This is what I try to do. I figure if I make effort to speak to her, be polite/friendly to her, then she and everyone else will see that it's HER with the stupid issue! I was once told that the best way to p!ss off a person who doesn't like you, is to be overly nice to them!!!

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Continue being polite and friendly in social situations. They just end up looking like a total jerk really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Kill them with kindness. Never stoop to their level, just be friendly and polite whenever you see them, inquire about their life, smile, be an all round pleasant person.
    At best they start to warm to you and stop being a poo or at worst they are still a jerkface but end up looking the fool when you are so nice