+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by InBetween View Post
    Going by the responses, obviously you are the only one.
    I thought the comment stupid so I just ignored it.

This makes me laugh.
    First, it assumes that the man in question is acting in bad faith even though the OP does not know where this suspected extra money has come from nor has she bothered to inquire. She's just caught the eye of some bling and gone, that's not fair, why do you have that? Waa!
    Second, the OP has stated no cash has exchanged hands so that makes it kinda impossible for him to spend money that was given to him via bill paying. I've never heard of people cashing in their bills, have you?
    Thirdly, a loan request. So you give a person money then, weeks later, you say it's a loan and demand repayment...and even offer a payment plan. *LOL*
    Bwwwaahahahahaaaa.....
    I think you're being quite rude and unhelpful actually.
    The op has given plenty of information and I think her point is quite simple, he's struggling with bills and he should have payed his bills first and look after his financial affairs before he spends so much on gifts.
    There is no need to laugh and make fun of what she has said, I mean really???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm laughing at the thread not the person.
    There is a huge difference.
    So why make your taking it personally my problem?

he's struggling with bills and he should have payed his bills first and look after his financial affairs before he spends so much on gifts.
    Again, the assumption continues. It may help to read posts before deeming that you are fit to criticise them.

Plenty of people borrow money off loan shops to avoid the embarrassment of not being able to afford presents for their family. I'm not saying this has happened but hey, is a little compassion too much for hubbers to consider that this might be the case rather than just slip the knife in?

Guest Guest
    [QUOTE]
    That doesn't even make sense! And no it's not a huge difference.

Again, the assumption continues. It may help to read posts before deeming that you are fit to criticise them.

Plenty of people borrow money off loan shops to avoid the embarrassment of not being able to afford presents for their family. I'm not saying this has happened but hey, is a little compassion too much for hubbers to consider that this might be the case rather than just slip the knife in?
    I'm reading posts quite well and not liking anything you're saying that's all. I don't care enough about you to take it personally, I just think you need to be told your being a FF.
    Is that what you do? Borrow money off family to pay bills and then loan money to buy presents for people? Cause it seems you have a chip on your shoulder about this sort of thing, either that or your not the type of person people can vent their frustrations to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week

yikes If you read the Op's posts she clearly says he borrowed money as he was going to lose his house and for bills. This wasn't borrowing a couple of bucks for presents at a whim. There's no reason to be rude.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    Am I the only one who thought it was obvious that misschief was being sarcastic?
    Nope I thought that too...either that or she is someone who used to be in my life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your input InBetween while I don't agree with most of what you have said I do agree with some and everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I have since spoken to my uncle and no he was not paying anything off and no he had not been putting money away nor had he come into money by some magical means.
    Turns out InBetween was right about pawning however when he told me what he had pawned and how much he was given I was NOT impressed to say the least as it is a very important piece of jewellery that has been passed down in the family for generations and when I asked him how he intended to be able to get it back he told me straight out he had no idea how he would be able to afford to reclaim it. So I explained to him all he needed to do in the first place was come to me and ask me and I would have helped but I understood it was something he felt he had to do on his own however I also think that there are some times and some things you have to swallow your pride for not losing that piece of jewellery is one of those things and very hard times is the time to do it and in my eyes he wouldn't be any less by asking for help.

So now I am trying to work out our budget so our family heirloom isn't lost forever and trying to do it in a way that my Dad doesn't find out as he would be furious!

And I have made it very clear that this time it is a loan...I will get the ring back but he is to pay me what it costs me to get it back and starting Jan I expect payment of at least $50 a month that's a rate he can afford and at that rate it would take him forever to repay it.
    Last edited by kmetius; 14-12-2011 at 23:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    good luck I hope you get it back will you be keeping it after?..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    good luck I hope you get it back will you be keeping it after?..
    Until he has paid back the loan yes then it will be returned to him as we (the brother's and grandkids) all agreed when we inherited it that it would stay in my Uncles possession as he is the only one with a safe however as he is not the oldest and it was left in the care of the oldest (being my Dad) I may end up buying my Dad a safe for his birthday next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So he pawned something that wasn't even his?!?! Oh my

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    omg how horrible. I'd be buying the safe for christmas. Your uncle clearly has issues with finances and it's not really worth take 2

coming from my phone. excuse typos. i'm much too lazy and uncoordinated to fix it