+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    so not appropriate that's not a trick that's cruel.

I'd possibly have a talk but really not alot that can be done
    Not to mention illegal and immoral. Two wrongs don't make a right, etc.

Sent from my Nokia 5110 using Bub Hub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I would copy and paste what you just wrote and send it in a letter to him. You can do it anonymous so he doesn't know what family member it is. But yeah, I'd be seriously pee'd off too.
    If you have his credit cards, maybe a little trick to teach him a lesson? Rack him up a bit more debt?
    Are you for real or taking the ****?? Not to mention um.... Illegal!!!

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you have his credit cards, maybe a little trick to teach him a lesson? Rack him up a bit more debt?
    i hope no one ever does this to anyone. Ever. Not a good idea for so many reasons.

Did you miss the bit where he's been in hospital and has had a terrible accident? (I ask honestly, not sarcastically).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparklydreamer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    *I personally paid all the bills no money actually changed hands
    *My Uncle stated as a loan but I made no mention of that and never even intended for the money to ever be repaid
    *My Uncles financial position is bad yes but not due to any fault of his own...he had an accident which caused him to be unable to work and is getting no income, his GF works but doesn't earn enough
    *When giving my help with money I never asked if he had money put away for Christmas which is quite possible he did
    *Due to my uncles accident he may not be able to fully comprehend how this has made me feel or what we have put off to help him
    This might not go down well.
    It's none of your business where he got that money or what he does with it.
    No one put a gun to your head and made you pay his bills.
    You did that off your own back and with that took on the risk of never seeing that money again. You even state that you made no loan arrangement. Giving is from the goodness of your heart, not an excuse to make yourself a martyr.
    Now, just because you see money being splashed around you assume that he's secretly rich and has been taking you for a ride.
    Don't be a coward and write a letter or whinge. If you are truly concerned that you have been played, approach him discreetly and ask him about it. He may tell you to bugger off or he may tell you how he's borrowed the money from a local pawn dealer or something. Either way, it's still none of your business.

Judge ye not.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to InBetween For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh man! I was just kidding. Sheesh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol you really are mischief !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babycake View Post
    I would either call him or write to him and state that you do not like your good nature being taken advantage of. Tell him that you saw his daughter out and you know how he has been spending the money that you and your family gave him. I would also suggest that he pays you the money back, either in installments or a lump sum. Tell him it is not on, or it will happen again and again.

WTF?

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Am I the only one who thought it was obvious that misschief was being sarcastic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am I the only one who thought it was obvious that misschief was being sarcastic?
    Going by the responses, obviously you are the only one.
    I thought the comment stupid so I just ignored it.

I would either call him or write to him and state that you do not like your good nature being taken advantage of. Tell him that you saw his daughter out and you know how he has been spending the money that you and your family gave him. I would also suggest that he pays you the money back, either in installments or a lump sum. Tell him it is not on, or it will happen again and again.
    This makes me laugh.
    First, it assumes that the man in question is acting in bad faith even though the OP does not know where this suspected extra money has come from nor has she bothered to inquire. She's just caught the eye of some bling and gone, that's not fair, why do you have that? Waa!
    Second, the OP has stated no cash has exchanged hands so that makes it kinda impossible for him to spend money that was given to him via bill paying. I've never heard of people cashing in their bills, have you?
    Thirdly, a loan request. So you give a person money then, weeks later, you say it's a loan and demand repayment...and even offer a payment plan. *LOL*
    Bwwwaahahahahaaaa.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    I figured she was.