+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default *Vent* I thought you were broke!

Dear Uncle,

Last night I happened to bump into your daughter and she couldn't wait to show my the new iphone something the very latest model that you got her as an early Christmas present and tell me about the $200 pair of shoes and a whole bunch of other stuff you got her for Christmas plus everything you got her brother and your Grand Daughter oh and that's not mentioning the $300 pair of jean she was wearing which you bought her the day before (btw they have a massive stain on them!).

A couple of weeks ago you were about to lose your house, you had to sell the car and you were behind in absolutely every bill possible so we all came together as a family and even though we didn't have the money Dad, myself and your cousin scraped together and paid all your bills and saved you from living on the street come Christmas. I thought you were completely broke??? How could you afford all that stuff? I understand we all do everything we can to make sure our kids have a great Christmas no matter what....but you were broke? Where did you get the money?

Oh and BTW because I gave you all of our savings so you wouldn't lose everything we are having a tighter than normal Christmas and our planned holiday over the Christmas period may not happen as we gave you that money.....I don't mind giving you money to help out and DH and I discussed it with the girls and they thought it was the best thing to do with the money also but I am so pi$$ed you went and spent over $1000 on one child for Christmas (you have 4 children so that's $4000 if you spend the same amount on everyone) when you are so broke and had to have other's pay your bills for you!

If it was that you had the money but if you paid the bills the kids wouldn't have had Christmas you should have just said so because you know I would have told you to pay your bills and I would give you the money for the kids Christmas so either way they would have had a great one but you didn't do that....kind of makes me think twice about any money problems you have in the future.

OH and I just saw you are taking your daughter and 3 of her friends to dreamworld today and you are paying for it all including her friends.

Love

Your Niece who has ALWAYS been there for you in every way possible without question but who will seriously think more than twice from now on when it involves money

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh I'd be ****ed too.

And if he came into the money since getting bailed out, he should be paying it back?

It's not fair you have a tighter Christmas. While his kids get hugely extravagant gifts.

Though I'd worry also he's spending on credit, I have family members when they are super broke spend big on credit cards (esp for the kids) so they don't 'feel' poor. Which is soooo silly because they don't seem to grasp credit is not free money!?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    awe hugs. I hate people that take advantage of generosity!

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's not spending on credit I know that much as I have his credit cards and he can't apply for more.....

Everyone here will still get their same gifts this xmas even if we hadn't given him the money as I had already bought everything....it's just the food and a couple of extra things I have had to budget and I have never had a budget for Christmas

But I am still mad at him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Fair enough. I'd still be ****ed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ^^^ me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Wow I'd be furious and I'd say something! I'm ALL for helping out family but that is just.. Wow..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

BrookeandLou  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs that's terrible. I would be fuming.

You are very lovely to have helped out so much.

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would either call him or write to him and state that you do not like your good nature being taken advantage of. Tell him that you saw his daughter out and you know how he has been spending the money that you and your family gave him. I would also suggest that he pays you the money back, either in installments or a lump sum. Tell him it is not on, or it will happen again and again.
    Last edited by babycake; 13-12-2011 at 10:39.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babycake For This Useful Post:

MoonGecko  (13-12-2011),MrJones&Me  (13-12-2011)