+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When to stop swaddling?

Is there a suggested time/age to stop swaddling? My LO is nearly 4 months old. He seems to really like being swaddled and so far rarely gets his arms out. Its working as a sleep cue, soon as I wrap him he drops off.

Should I try a sleeping bag or gro bag or something similar or just keep doing what I'm doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I *think* when that start rolling? If it's working for you though I don't see why you need to stop. I stopped around 4-6 weeks because ds kept getting out and would wriggle himself to the opposite end of the bassinet.
    When you transition you could start off with arms ip, then one arm out, then both. Or just wrap his top half and leave his legs free for awhile. If you want to use sleeping bags (which I love btw ) you can get "sleepy wings" which you put on over the top. It holds their arms up and they can't flap them around too much.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was wrapped till around 7mths old and then I found the ergo cocoon wrap he still sleeps with his arms in although I'm hoping to wean him shortly, he's now 9mths. He's clever though cause he'll sit himself up in it and move himself around

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wrapped both of mine till about 8 months when they naturally just stopped needing/wanting it. It's certainly a sleep cue for my DS so as it's become warmer I just throw it loosely over him instead of wrapping. He kind of cuddles up to it like a blankie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped sawaddeling DD at around this age (4 mths) only because i didnt want to start anything that was going to be hard to change. Hence the reason why she never got a dummy and she slept in her cot from day one.
    I guess because she was so young, it was easier to transition her and she didnt know any different. First, i wrapped her with her arms out and she loved this and slept with her arms above her head ever since. Then at around 6 months, i put her into a Bubbaroo sleeping bag. She turned 2 in September and is only just now transitioning out of the sleeping bag now that the warmer weather is setting in.
    The sleeping bag has been a God send. Every time she saw it, she knew it was time for sleep. Im due to have #2 in May and will do exactly the same process when he comes along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your replies. I should have mentioned he sleeps on his tummy (I know, I know) as he sleeps better this way and has wind/reflux problems to boot. He has started to roll but not a lot, so I'll keep an eye out. Jazzybaby, I actually have a Bubbaroo sleeping bag from my 1st, you just remined me! It is super thick though so might not be any good over summer Do you know if you can you get ones that are summer friendly? I always worry he is too hot as he is quite a sweaty baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can get summer sleeping bags. I have 0.5 tog for day sleeps and really hot nights and 1.0 tog for the rest of the time.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ended up buying the Bonds summer sleeping bag for summer and the Bubbaroo for winter. DD is a sweaty bub too so i always have the pedestal fan on low for air circulation in her room. She seems to sleep so well with the air movement. Im the same as well.
    Dont forget with the bubbaroo sleeping bag, you should of got a tag that tells you what is best to dress bub in at night time pending temps. On the really cold nights, id dress DD in a long romper without socks on. Then on the slightly warmer nights, just a long sleeved onsie.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jazzybaby For This Useful Post:

FrogsnSnails  (15-12-2011)