I just posted this in a 'discuss it' thread. I thought I would repost it here for longevity and for others to comment.
The anti-circ crowd regularly talk about how important the foreskin is. They also regularly link to the circumstitions website as one of authority. I had a look at what they say the 'functions' of the foreskin are, and ended up quite enjoying what I was reading.
Here is the link.
Lets go through them hey? (suggest you open the list up in another window/tab)
1. I don't need any more pleasure down there. It's sensitive enough.
2. I don't need a "rolling bearing". It's not a wheel.
3. Haven't had painful intercourse in my life (this happens to be more common with those with a foreskin due to phimosis out of interest).
4. This doesn't even make sense????? It's retracted and around the penis. Unless he is tickling you with it whilst he is flacid??? Weird.
5. Just like fat rolls on your stomach I guess.
6. Do they smell nice? Might have to get myself a jar to dab on myself prior to my next encounter as I obviously have limited storage ability.
7. Everyone loves Smegma.
8. An erection if obvious enough - if she can't recognise arousal without a foreskin, I guess she needs to work a bit harder.
9. What happens if the seal breaks? Does an uncircumcised penis have no 'sealant' qualities? What about the really really big ones?
10. It gets plenty moist when things start to happen, don't you worry about that.
11. Hmmmm. Interesting story. Should I tell a story about those dangerous zippers and what they can do with some loose skin??
12. Sounds like they are struggling. That sound just like the one above.
13. In infancy, it is also a known cause of UTI's. Weird.
14. Nearly had me there with some big words. So now it stops infections? Is this a good time to provide some stats regarding infection rates between circ'd and uncirc'd? Let me know.
15. Sunburn. Hmmm. Is it legal to get it out in the sun? It's amazing that the foreskin is so special that it is also immune to getting sunburnt. It's like super skin.
16. Ouch. Frostbite. That sounds nasty. Lucky I don't have a habit of putting the little fella in the snow.... well, not for long periods anyway. Again, the foresking must be immune to frostbite too! Definitely super skin.
17. I'm sorry I can't help out with the eyelid thing. Or can I? I guess mine is probably walking around on someone's eye right now! How selfless of me. Maybe others should be more generous and donate theirs to other eyelids around the world too.
18. Yep. If you have hypospadius, you will need to get rid of it.
19. This one is my favourite. I sort of wish I wasn't circumcised afterall.
20. WTF? ..... now that I've stopped laughing..... anyone for a tissue?
21. WTF? This is my new favourite. Do you think they would eat them afterwards?
22. Maybe our customs guys should now be more thorough at the airports? "Excuse me sir, can you please open your foreskin - I need to check for drugs".
I guess it really shows how important it is afterall. I can now say with even more confidence - "I am not missing a thing, and I'm glad I don't have one".