+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I realized that when I read it but the blurb but I saw before I reopened the thread had me pause you're a lovely person boobychino and a poster I definitely admire for a number of reasons

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also love (and quote) the statistics on the aba website under feeding a toddler section. (originally from WHO website)

Baby's over 12 months get
    31% of their daily energy needs
    38% of protein
    45% vitamin A
    And a whopping 95% of their vitamin C
    Needs from breastfeeding.

I was blown away when I read that.

Alot of people think breastfeeding a toddler is "just" about comfort (like that's such a trivial thing...), but nutritionally it is so much more.

As well, they still get all the antibodies and immune protection in the same way a younger baby does - their immune system is still developing at that age (I think it is fully mature at around 2?), so that's a good one to remind them about

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purplecat For This Useful Post:

Electric Boogaloo  (18-12-2011),Mopoke  (16-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulululu View Post
    LOL you crazy Breastfeeding woman! That's a great response. I might borrow that, if you don't mind?
    Of course! It's why I shared it...it seriously shut everyone up, my mum, my friends, anyone who seemed to have a problem with me breastfeeding. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    I realized that when I read it but the blurb but I saw before I reopened the thread had me pause you're a lovely person boobychino and a poster I definitely admire for a number of reasons
    back at ya

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I haven't been on and clarified, yes it was a c section birth, which I am very proud of, but certain family members in law feel I "chickened out" of the real thing, ie didn't birth.
    I always feel I think of how someone else might feel, and I'm constantly amazed at how rude and bishy in laws can be.
    Those were great stats by the way, I'm constantly being told I don't need to feed anymore it's just to comfort him by randoms, and anyway, even if it was just for comfort and there was no actual nutritional value, as a mum, that's still a good thing to give your baby- comfort x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah I had lots of 'you know he's just feeding for comfort?'

'yeah... And?'

I mean FFS lock me up! Call DOCS! I'm comforting my child!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysmama View Post
    Its hard when its your own family; you can hardly tell them to eff off.
    Why not? I don't mean literally tell them to eff off, but something like "thanks for your advice but she's our child, & we'll wean her when we choose."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Yeah I had lots of 'you know he's just feeding for comfort?'

'yeah... And?'

I mean FFS lock me up! Call DOCS! I'm comforting my child!
    Ha! So true!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just daring somebody to say something to me this Christmas. DS is 15.5 mo old and he only has a bedtime feed and an early morning feed (oh okay, sometimes a feed or two overnight too ). I have had a couple of people 'suggest' that he'll sleep better once he's weaned but BFing is the only thing that has settled him at night without me having a nervous breakdown from all the wakings!!

Anyway, to answer the OP, I just give very short answers when people ask. Like :

Nosey person:"are you still breastfeeding?"
    Me: "yep"
    End of scene

Thanks
    Reviews
    so glad i found this thread thank you! i too was worried about the same thing this xmas and now i can be fully prepared with a stack of good responses. my step mum once said to me when dd was about 7 months ( she is now 15months) "you will really have to stop breastfeeding soon you cant keep whipping your boob out when she's 3!" i was so shocked i didnt have any good comeback at the time but really wish i has said "not that its any of your business but if I & dd choose to breastfeed when she is 3 then we bloody well can!)