+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default If you're in brisbane with a newborn

What do your newborns wear to bed during the night??

Finding it hard to know how much or how little I need to have on bub!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey my housemates have a 7 week old. When it's hot she is usually just in a nappy and maybe a singlet. If it's a little cooler she is in a short leg but long sleeve jump suit
    But she is a hot little baby and overheats easily

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tonight just a t shirt and nappy and wrapped in a muslin wrap. we have a fan in the room too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If it's hot, I popped her a singlet suit and a light muslin wrap as a blanket (or a sheet). If it's warm... probably same, but with a shirt over the top.

I think the general rule is one more layer than you're comfortable wearing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks guys I like to sleep in the cold so would ordinarily have the air con on! But haven't done that for fear of making the little one cold

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On hot nights my 3 week old wears a singlet and nappy and is then wrapped in a light muslin warm nights it's a singlet nappy and short sleeve/leg jump suit and light muslin on cooler nights it's singlet nappy long sleeve/leg jump suit (but thin) and a light muslin....I do add an extra layer or remove a layer as needed throughout the night and early mornings around 4.30 feed I swap the muslin for a slightly thicker wrap (but still thin) as she won't sleep otherwise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    Thanks guys I like to sleep in the cold so would ordinarily have the air con on! But haven't done that for fear of making the little one cold
    DH likes to have the ac on and he makes it like winter in there....so I have placed bubs cot in a corner where no ac can blow on it and if he wants the ac on I dress bub like I would in winter....long thick winter jump suit and thicker wrap also mittens...she does fine you just have to keep checking that they are warm enough but not too hot....DH has only had the ac on a few times so far though I wouldn't make it a daily thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girl was a newborn this time last year, and she honestly wore nothing but a nappy most of the time, maybe a singlet. But it gets so warm so she only wore minimal clothing when we went out the house, so just a singlet and nappy cover.