+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    She is not a nice lady and I don't like her.

Pinky McKay is a very nice lady. I want her to be my mum haha
    I've met her. (pinky, not tizzie) she's lovely.

I read a couple of pages of tizzie and put it down. Wake up at 6:45 to express before my baby gets up at 7? I don't think so. And that isn't the worst thing in that book by far.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah, I've met pinky too, she would be the best mum/grandma.

I saw tizzie give a talk - she's worse in person than she is in her book

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've read Tizzie's book and it literally made me feel like throwing up. Her advice is awful and dangerous. One lady in my mother's group folows SOS to the letter. Her little boy is nearly 1 and I've never seen him smile . She doesn't really enjoy being a mother either and is always highly strung. I blame SOS for that because she's lovely otherwise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Guess I am going to be quite unpopular here but I used SOS when my bub was 4 months old and it helped a lot. I do agree that some of the strictness of her methods were not very realistic so I used it in a more flexible way, unlike how she recommends. It really helped me with DS, and I know a lot of other people who it has helped also. But each to their own, it won't appeal to everyone and I don't think it should be used too early. You make up your own mind on the matter OP, you might find it to be a saviour as I did, or you may not like it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShazieB For This Useful Post:

Hannahly  (12-12-2011),Manny  (12-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShazieB View Post
    Guess I am going to be quite unpopular here but I used SOS when my bub was 4 months old and it helped a lot. I do agree that some of the strictness of her methods were not very realistic so I used it in a more flexible way, unlike how she recommends. It really helped me with DS, and I know a lot of other people who it has helped also. But each to their own, it won't appeal to everyone and I don't think it should be used too early. You make up your own mind on the matter OP, you might find it to be a saviour as I did, or you may not like it.
    This. I pm-Ed you too OP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I had a premmie baby who spent 5 wks in special care, for her to be discharged she had to be on 4hrly feeds and seem to feed 7, 11, 3, 7, 11 so the SOS book fitted exactly her, so I followed it lightly. It gave me, as a first time mum, a sense of direction and many of my friends have also used it (they recommended it).We actually all still joke about the 7 o'clock bus!

I'm not saying rush out and buy the book but its worth a second look at. Most public library's have it if you want to read it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Malu For This Useful Post:

ShazieB  (12-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much to everyone who posted here, I just had a look on pinkys website and I love her style already. I will wait until a bit later in my pregnancy but I already know I am going to get Parenting by Heart and 100 Ways to Stop the Crying.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Artful For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for all the advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone read kid wrangling by kaz Cooke?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used SOS. It worked for us, mainly the eat, play, sleep routine, which was also reinforced by our hospital mid wives.
    I'm not saying I let my 2 wk old baby cry herself to sleep, but my baby can settle herself to sleep. And routine works for us- you read it & take from it what works. My copy of that book is ear marked & highlighted & I rate it, and know many ppl who agree.