+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would love it

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    love homemade gifts!!

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So glad to hear most people appreciate handmade gifts! I started the thread because I've recently taken up quilting so I was reading a quilting forum and was amazed at some of the reactions people had received when they've given a quilt. Ranging from sympathy that they must be on hard times not to be able to afford to buy something, up to criticising workmanship, and even saying they had seen the same thing in Walmart (American forum).

It made me so sad to think that someone could be given something that took countless hours to make and wish they had got some mass-produced thing instead. Not to mention people can be so rude sometimes!! I suppose I will need to carefully select who I give my quilts to!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Give me a quilt! All I've ever wanted was a handmade quilt.

I would be DELIGHTED with any handmade gift, much nicer and more thoughtful than the generic body products I receive that I can't use.

Every year mum's best friend gives me a basket of home made goodies, definitely something I look forward to every year!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

My Three Sons  (13-12-2011)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OMG i was thinking like homemade toffee, chocolates, nick nacks..

I would drop dead from excitement and joy if i got a handmade quilt.. what an amazing gift!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think they are great and very personal

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum is a quilter so I know how many hours and hours go into them. I don't have the skill, nor patience, so I would be delighted if someone gave me one. So many crafts seem to be dying out and it's a lovely tradition to keep alive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Savingfishfromdrowning View Post
    Ranging from sympathy that they must be on hard times not to be able to afford to buy something, up to criticising workmanship, and even saying they had seen the same thing in Walmart (American forum).
    Really? When DS was born a fsmily member gave him a quilt she had made and I can't wait until he is using sheets etc so we can use it!! He was spoilt as was also given one for his first birthday from another family member.

I was so touched both times that people spent that much time on a present for my child that I cried!!

I have a friend that quilts so know they take a lot of time and money to do. They are a very special gift if you ask me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been given homemade quilts and they are two of my most precious items! It's amazing how personal you can make them.

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW! You clever thing! My aunt is a quilter and made one for DH and myself for our wedding. It's been on our bed since our wedding night. I can't imagine not loving a homemade gift, even if it's not perfect, that's what makes it so special .

Best of luck with your future gifts.

Sam