+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 2 days off being 16 weeks and I have put on around 4 kg I don't know if that is to much? I only have a small frame and before falling pregnant was a size 6-8..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to youngandpregnant For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 29 w 4 d and I've put on 9 kgs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ES2010 For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    37 weeks and 15 kgs so far. This is my third pregnancy and I have large bubbas, this one is expected to be no different. I will prob put on at least two more kgs as bub bulks up in the last weeks- yay for me!!!!
    One thing I have learnt is that everyone puts on different amounts as per their body/babies needs and also at different times.
    I am very sick til 20 weeks at least, so don't put on any more than a kilo til that point. Then after I stop vomitting I pile it on at an alarming rate for a few months before it slowing up in the last few.
    Those who are stressing, please don't let it worry you too much!! Eat relatively healthily, keep active and the rest is up to your body. I don't think there is one 'normal' weight gain at any particular point in pregnancy. That's why lots of midwives/docs don't even bother doing weigh-ins at appointments anymore.
    Good luck everyone

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to themissingpiece For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (13-12-2011),becandabub  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 15 weeks on Wednesday and have lost just over 10kg so far, but I am fairly overweight and I have been watching my diet really closely to try and get healthier to minimise the impact weight gain will have in the later stages.

If you are really concerned then speak to your OB, but I think 2.5kg at this stage is perfectly normal I think in the second trimester you're supposed to put on 5-7kg if you're a normal weight. If you're concerned about weight gains etc you could also look at following a Low GI/gestational diabetes diet to ensure that you get a really well rounded diet that is super healthy for you and bubs. You'll still gain weight if you're of a normal size but it should stay within the healthy parameters!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum5 For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont be too concerned about weight gain. Baby will take what it needs. I am 36wks today and my gain has been just over 7kg and I am being delivered next week. Bub is a good size but I am on the bigger side, but was very sick early on so that is probably why. Goodluck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bluebutterfly74 For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My weight gain at 25 weeks was 10kg!

I have a very small frame though (size 6 pre pregnancy) and was technically underweight so my Ob and midwives think it's fine

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FutureMa For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (13-12-2011)