+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else have a fake MIL?

Ok so MIL makes no effort with my child. Nothing. Ever. She only lives 20 mins away but isnt interested. Whatever, its her loss. But at my child's bday on the weekend in front of all the family & friends she puts on this act of being the most amazing, involved grandmother. Just for show. She does this whenever there is a family function. Wtf? My child doesn't even have a name for her because she never sees her.

Anyone else have a complete dissapointment of a MIL? I feel like saying or doing something. What would you do? It just p!sses me off!!!! Grrrrr!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my mil just sits there and expects ds to go to her. at his party she got ds's cousin who is 4 to go get her food and bring back while she just sat there. we live 30 minutes away she has never been to my house because we have stairs and she wont walk up them

people will work your mil out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like my MIL... we just ignore it as my family know shes faking it and im sure hers do too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DF my MIL is exactly the same. The only time she sees DS is when we go over to her place or at ours for birthdays. She lives really nearby but has made it clear she does not like to visit us, however is really fake whenever other people are around.

It doesn't bother me too much now as my family and friends know what she's like and the trouble she causes. It is frustrating though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha my MOTHER is like that. we live 20 minutes away but she never comes out so visit. in the 9 months of DS life she has been her the day he came home (didnt want anyone that day but thats another story) to a tupperware party, the day before to help clean, and to drop off and pick up my grandmother. i swear she sees my sisters kids more often and they live 7+ hrs away! my other sister feel the same way, she lives 50 minutes from mum.

she does see him fairly often but only when i have to go to the bank where she works so its not like its for long.

what do you say when someone says 'i bet grandma/nanna spoils him?'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu56 View Post
    Mine says "Come to mummy" when she holds DD and then laughs and goes, "Ohh I mean gramma."

Also when DD was screaming after the in-laws passed her around like a pass the parcel while I was in the shower (DP got an earful for letting that happen) and I was trying to soothe her, MIL tries to take her off me. I had to snatch myself and DD away and retreat to the back of the house. All the while DD is totally stiff and screaming she was that upset.

I could go on, but the possessiveness with which she views my daughter makes me SO MAD!
    Haha retreat. Made me laugh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where do I start with my endless MIL issues.... Lol

I seriously feel your pain though, she is obviously very self conscious about how people perceive her, so I suppose, its just one day and every so often that you have to put up with her. Just smile and go along with it.... Most of the people who mean alot to you probably already know shes a bit of a stranger, and just look at her like shes a circus freak when she is being the "good grandmother"... Lol

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlantic Puffin For This Useful Post:

MyLittleLilacTree  (13-12-2011),samsausage  (12-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    haha my MOTHER is like that. we live 20 minutes away but she never comes out so visit. in the 9 months of DS life she has been her the day he came home (didnt want anyone that day but thats another story) to a tupperware party, the day before to help clean, and to drop off and pick up my grandmother. i swear she sees my sisters kids more often and they live 7+ hrs away! my other sister feel the same way, she lives 50 minutes from mum.

she does see him fairly often but only when i have to go to the bank where she works so its not like its for long.

Lol I always respond with not really she isn't around much unless someone is looking gets some shocked looks and laughs as they're never usually sure if they should believe me.

ETA: op use that as the time to casually mention he needs changing and as his favorite grandma is here I'm sure shed jump at the chance to spend more time or casually mention babysitting etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    I'm honest. I just say he doesn't see his grandma much, but my mum more than makes up for it with the time and love she gives him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My MIL never visits (lives 10 minutes away) and rarely acknowledges my children even when they're in the same room as her but every year she asks us to go to some family Christmas party for an internationally known group she's a part of (it sounds like a cult to me but DH swears it's not) 2 1/2 hours away....hmmmm how about you go get focked instead.

DD1's birthday was 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for DH's side of the family to come and see her and give her her present...I'm guessing she'll get it at Christmas because it's too hard to swing by our house on the way home from work.