+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Who knows... It's not working in his favour though... I'm starting to go off him just because I couldn't be bothered - I think if he takes longer then a day to reply again I might just leave it be. I know he might be busy etc. But I don't really want to keep checking my phone hoping - which is what I was doing at the start.
    Yeah I'm not a fan of guys playing hard to get OR guys who take that long to reply (work or not - 24 hours, c'mon!). I would lose interest too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

laurea  (19-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would too. If he's interested, he has a funny way of showing it! 24 hours to reply to a text is stupid - it doesn't take that long to write a reply!!

I don't like games, but am tempted to tell you to make him wait 2 days for a reply from you and see how he likes it!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

laurea  (19-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Yeah I'm not a fan of guys playing hard to get OR guys who take that long to reply (work or not - 24 hours, c'mon!). I would lose interest too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I would too. If he's interested, he has a funny way of showing it! 24 hours to reply to a text is stupid - it doesn't take that long to write a reply!!

I don't like games, but am tempted to tell you to make him wait 2 days for a reply from you and see how he likes it!!
    Wellllllll it was 24 hours for the first text - 3 days for the second!! I'm thinking he's obviously not keen - which is cool.... but then I think why even bother?? Why say you wanna catch up and ask how I am etc??

In all fairness it was late last night I saw the message so he may well have missed it and from the convo we had he works 6 days a week and is planning on starting 7 as his business is booming - so I'm guessing he's a pretty busy dude. But I dunno... I'm non fussed either way - but would have been nice to hang out with him. He is a really cool guy

yeah maybe postponing my texting is the way to go - but then I don't want to play games - I'm a person that texts back pretty much straight away ... so I'll continue to do that - unless I decide to stop contact. We shall see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah i don't know about playing games either. Just be yourself hun. Honestly there is nothing desperate about answering a text someone sends you right away. And there is nothing wrong with being interested in a man either.

I don't know what this guys problem is and he might be busy but he can't be that busy i don't know. He's a man but why do we all make so many excuses for them?
    Just because he is a man doesn't mean he is incapable of answering a text within a reasonable amount of time.

I know exactly how you must be feeling. I have been there.

If the guy doesn't seem as interested as i am i back right off. I don't chase, why bother? That's when you will start to feel desperate and demoralised. Why do it to yourself?
    You deserve a man who is super keen to date you not someone half ar*sed about it all.

Inconsistency like this guy is demonstrating is a little red flag to me.

It's so hard not to be hopeful when you see potential with someone.
    But if you want my advice i say leave it.

You have shown him pretty clearly that you are interested.
    If he wants to follow up on that then he will.
    The ball is well and truely in his court.
    Last edited by laurea; 19-12-2011 at 16:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by laurea View Post
    Yeah i don't know about playing games either. Just be yourself hun. Honestly there is nothing desperate about answering a text someone sends you right away. And there is nothing wrong with being interested in a man either.

I don't know what this guys problem is and he might be busy but he can't be that busy i don't know.. He's a man but why do we all make so many excuses for them? Just because he is a man doesn't mean he is incapable of answering a text within a reasonable amount of time.
    I know exactly how you must be feeling. I have been there.

If the guy doesn't seem as interested as i am i back right off. I don't chase, why bother?

Inconsistency like this guy is demonstrating is a little red flag to me.

It's so hard not to be hopeful when you see potential with someone. But if you want my advice i say leave it. You have shown him pretty clearly that you are interested. If he wants to follow up on that then he will. Don't play his game.
    Yeah I hear you - I feel like I'm losing interest now anyway. Although I only ever reply with one text myself - so I'm not sure it looks like I'm chasing him a lot??? I just have a MUCH quicker reply turnaround .

But I am definitely thinking that he knows my number - if he wants to contact me ... good - if not - meh!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have my sympathy.

This is why i HATE texting. If it can be avoided with dating it should be. It's far too easy to get confused and to misinterperet things. And there are so many unkowns. It's too easy to lie and stuff with them too. I mean pick up a phone and call people ffs how hard is it?

I say he should dial your number and have a conversation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Id get over it..

Im sorry i dont care HOW busy you are you can send a text while your pooping! 3 days is just stupid.

DP's mate takes 1-5 days to reply to text messages and uses the excuse "i was busy" So you have been non-stop constant for the past 5 days? so much so you havent had a whole 60seconds to reply?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bank For This Useful Post:

laurea  (19-12-2011),Witwicky  (19-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol confusd i wanna thank that post like a hundred times over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    In all fairness it was late last night I saw the message so he may well have missed it and from the convo we had he works 6 days a week and is planning on starting 7 as his business is booming - so I'm guessing he's a pretty busy dude. But I dunno... I'm non fussed either way - but would have been nice to hang out with him. He is a really cool guy
    I wouldn't make any excuses for him. It is so very easy to send a text, nobody is that busy and if he was really keen, he would have called rather than text. He managed to hang with you the whole next day so he's obviously not too shy.

I would just enjoy the fact that this guy can give you butterflies, it's an awesome feeling and really makes you feel alive. But personally I think you should just consider it as one great night. There are so few people we are really compatable with so how very romantic to have a wonderful night with an attractive man and leave it at that. Reality is usually nowhere near as good .

But maybe I'm not talking to you, maybe I'm talking to my younger self who used to keep hoping and give the guy every possible opportunity to start something more. I think guys are able to just enjoy the moment where we will often replay events and think about 'what if?' We also look for lasting connections much more than they do in my opinion.

I hope I don't sound like I'm from the 50's but the truth is, those who really want to start something more will make much more of an effort. Even if you were standofish. It's only natural to be guarded in the beginning until they have done something to earn your trust and I don't think that would turn a guy off.

If he texts again then enjoy the butterflies and catch up again if it pans out that way but if you're looking for something more, then I don't think he's the one.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vic35 For This Useful Post:

laurea  (19-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    there is a book (and now i think a movie) called "he's just not that into you"...please please read it!

The thing is...if you are into someone...you make it happen...you find the time to text.

Be yourself...but also, don't chase him. I'm not suggesting that you play games...but if you are losing interest...then just don't text back.

If he wants to see you...he will make sure it happens. If he wants to hear from you and hasn't...he/ll send another text and he won't wait 3 days. If he is a traditional guy....he might feel a bit off put that you texted him first (not that i think it's an issue but guys are weird...they also like to chase).

You are worth him making an effort...and contact each 3 days...is not an effort!