+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default The walls are back up!!!

So I met this AMAZING guy on the weekend. In fact my friends are quite jealous as he was a couple of years ahead of us in high school and was pretty much everyone's fantasy crush! But I didn't know him as I came to school half way through year 10.

Anyway... we had a bit of fun, he stayed the night - we talked and talked. We are sooooo similar, even have the same job.... He mentioned several times about hanging out with me for the day but I kept saying how I had to head out later that arvo... so he said "I should prob call a cab" and I agreed.

I can't stop thinking about the guy, he made a few comments that make me feel like he was interested in catching up again, like "you'll have to tell me how your arvo drinks went", etc. But I was a bit stand offish (even though inside I couldn't believe this incredible guy was even talking to me)

Gah!! What the hell is wrong with me!! Why can't I actually accept that 'maybe' someone could be interested in me..... I think deep down I must be a little scarred by the exH having an affair. I just want to be normal!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Glad you had a nice night. Did you at least get his number?

It takes a while to get used to the idea - as stupid as it sounds. I met DP and he was keen to hang out and do things with me but it took me ages to feel "comfortable" with the idea that he was interested - also the fact he was "normal" and didnt have major issues like everyone else i met, plus he was hot so i was wondering why he was interested in me when usually i attract weirdos.

I used to just say that because of DD i prefer to get to know people more before anything. That way if i was stand offish they wouldnt feel offended

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bank For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean... Every guy I've been on dates with since the split, I've been so surprised that a guy would want me. With having been fooled majorly with a cheating exH I can't seem to feel comfortable with a guy and seem to freak out within myself and somehow find an excuse to not go another date. It's so frustrating. But I gotta say, if this guy sat there and chatted to you... And actually listened to what you said... I think that's a great thing! Because he wants to really get to know you! Please try to take a gamble on potential love. Because from my experience, pushing them away is not a good feeling either. Roll the dice take a risk! Good luck!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to designertaste For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try and force yourself to not over think it. The more you think about it the more pressure you put on it.

Just relax and be yourself. Leave the past behind. Let him call/text you and just see where it goes. I hope it works out for you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OneBabyBoy For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh this sounds amazing!

He wants to hang out with you, and he stayed and chatted. Sounds like more than just a one nighter to me. Have you called him again, or has he called you?

I agree with OneBabyBoy, leave the past behind and have fun! Just because your ex did something it doesn't mean all men are like that. Don't push him away and don't ever think anyone is "too good" for you! Sounds like really hit it off with him
    Last edited by AppelsAndOranjes; 13-12-2011 at 12:24.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AppelsAndOranjes For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OH!!! THIS is what I miss about dating!!!

WHat a great feeling. Don't be ridiculous!!! You are bound to have a few reservations but just go with it I say!!! He sounds very keen and heck, why wouldn't he be??!!!!!!

You really have nothing to lose, you've experienced the worst possible outcome in your previous relationship, you can handle it, you came out the other end.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jurty For This Useful Post:

MermaidSister  (13-12-2011),Theboys&me  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah I know... I can't get him out of my head now!!

I could really feel myself being a bit well not cold... but certainly not taking his advances. Everything that showed he was interested in me I totally brushed off... even though inside I was thinking OMG!!! I am so silly!!

We didn't end up exchanging numbers - but we know a few mutual people and I'm sure either of us could get in touch with the other if we tried.

I really hate how I'm like this now!! Gah!!! He seems PERFECT!!!! (Not that that's exists... but he's pretty darn close)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i remember what i was like when i first meet my hubby i was like that i used to think why does this guy want to be with me and i would sort of push him away till one day i thought if i keep pushing guys away i wouldnt have anyone in my life. So i took a chance and we are married and have 3 great girls.

If you havent stoped thinking of him and he seems perfect you sould take the chance and see if you can get his number from your friends. good luck with it any way

14. The Following User Says Thank You to melbabie For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so I've messaged a friend on FB who's hubby is his best mate. She was there when we first met anyway and was asking how things went.

So I just messaged asking if it would be weird if I gave her my number to pass on to him in case he wants to catch up again..... Just quietly, I feel like an idiot and sick in my guts! I'm such a child with this... I have really built up this fear of dating or connecting with a guy. I know I'm over thinking it!! I just don't know how to stop it!! haha!!
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 13-12-2011 at 13:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oh i understand, iv been in a similar situation. its hard to trust again!