+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What about Taylor lautner from twilight and other movies. According to the girls at work he is a very very s3xy man at that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I definitely think of Taylor as a boys name but can work as a girls name too.

I really doubt he'd get teased for his name, so many names are unisex these days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Husband's name is Taylor he never got teased about it

it's a pretty unisex name

Thanks
    Reviews
    You haven't made a mistake at all. It's a great name, chosen by you with much love. Sounds like you are a little stressed at the moment, so take a bath or do something fun with your son and stop freaking out!

CallaLilly is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011 - Funniest Member Award
    Donnybrook, WA (aka the middle of nowhere)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I really don't mean to give offense, but are you perhaps being a little overly and unnecessarily paranoid here? You love the name, it's a boys name (there are hundred's of them!) so what's the problem?
    You're baby is 5 months, it will be years before he goes to school, yet you are stressing about something that may not even happen, and for no good reason.

As someone else pointed out, children tease children about EVERYTHING- no matter how illogical, false or dumb. If you start down that path then you might as well start worrying that he'll be teased about height, weight, shoe size, hair colour, pet's name etc and you'll never stop.

There are many many names used for both males and females- Taylor, Dylan, Chris, Cameron, Charlie, Tony, Ashley, Jamie, Sam, Lee, Jordan.. All are fine!

I'm a major stress-head, but I have to say that in this case I'd say stuff anybody else's opinion and just stick with what you love- its his name and you gave it to him

Thanks
    Reviews
    I much prefer it for a boy

My Son has a name that is unisex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually I know how you feel, I gave my daughter a unisex name which is now more a girls than boys name, but did wonder if I had done the right thing early on, especially after some comments from 'older' people, but my feelings didnt last long as we love the name and couldnt imagine her being called anything else now. I know little girls called Kamryn, Tyler, Evan, Drew, Charli all which I consider boys names, but their parents gave them to the and the person becomes the name, I would stop worrying if I were you

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone have definitely eased my mind!

I know I'm being super paranoid but it doesn't help when people feel the need to comment when they hear his name (ohhh taylor for a boy? That's my granddaughters name!? Etc etc)

I know it will be quite a few years before he goes to school and I'm probably worrying myself for nothing!

I hope he grows up to love his name like I do

Thanks so much again for all your lovely responses xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone have definitely eased my mind!

I know I'm being super paranoid but it doesn't help when people feel the need to comment when they hear his name (ohhh taylor for a boy? That's my granddaughters name!? Etc etc)

I know it will be quite a few years before he goes to school and I'm probably worrying myself for nothing!

I hope he grows up to love his name like I do

Thanks so much again for all your lovely responses xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's paranoid to wonder if you named your child right! I wondered with both of mine - they have old fashioned names (and not the recently reused cool old fashioned names either). My dd is a kindy and her name now seems no odder than any of the others, so probably it'll be the same for my son. But, DH and I did question ourselves for the first few months too.