+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Lots of homely questions.....

There are a few questions I have been meaning to ask the users of BH, but without starting so many different threads... Here they all are. Can you help with any of them...?

Firstly....
    How do you make washing smell really fresh, without using fab softner. I love the smell of clean washing, but when ever I see my mum, her clothes smell SO nice, but she insists she doesn't use fab softner...?

How can I keep my naughty kitty cats from scaling the Christmas tree like its a scratch post. I have a spray bottle I spray them with when I catch them, but when I get home from work, I can tell one has been climbing it, and actually laying in one of the branches. Haha.

We have a blanket on the lounge, and I came home the other day after work to see that DP had left it on the floor, and the cats spent all day sleeping on it. I have tried washing it, hanging it on the line, re-washing, putting it in the dryer, but NOTHING will get that sticky cat hair off it...!! Grrrr.

Lastly...
    How do I clean that inside bit in the washing machine like, where the fab softner goes? I tried taking it outside to hose it out, but it didnt work.

ANY answers to any of these questions would be amazingly wonderfully lovely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Omo is the smelliest washing powder I've ever used, leaves a long-lasting smell behind.

Blanket with cat hair - use one of those sticky roller things for laundry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Blanket with hair problem...I've found using the upholstery attachment on the vacuum works for super stubborn hair. Or, use wide tape to lift it off.

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by swizzlestick; 23-12-2011 at 20:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A couple of drops of eucalyptus or lavender oil in the cycle will make your clothes smell yummy.

Foil around the bottom of the tree will keep them away. (as long as they can't just jump over it). I cant remember where I read this but I tried it to keep mine off the bench and it works a treat. The metal must make their claws feel yuck cos they HATE walking on it.

Put on a rubber glove and rub the blanket, the rubber will grab the hairs.

Take the softener bit out and soak it in a bucket of hot water with baking soda (about 1/2 cup per full bucket), let it soak for about an hour then the scummy stuff should rinse off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    for fresh smelling clothes my nana puts a bar of lavender cashmere bouquet soap in all her drawers and cupboards. I do it as well and it does work. we both put a cuddly fabric softener sachet thingie unopened in the back of the wardrobes to keep them smelling fresh. Thats my nana's secret she passed on to me.

hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing..

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Omo makes my clothes smell SO FRESH.

MILs laundry always smells delicious and she gave me a bottle of Omo one day and voila! my laundry smelt just as good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lw1981 View Post
    for fresh smelling clothes my nana puts a bar of lavender cashmere bouquet soap in all her drawers and cupboards. I do it as well and it does work. we both put a cuddly fabric softener sachet thingie unopened in the back of the wardrobes to keep them smelling fresh. Thats my nana's secret she passed on to me.

hope this helps
    I do that too

As far as cat hair goes, I put things in the dryer for 15 mins or so on low temp to get rid of dog fur.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I see you are in Queensland...so your washing needs to go in the sun for at least 4 hours to smell fresh! Bet that's what your Mum does!

If you want to keep your soft furnishings free of pet hair, then don't have pets....

What else?

Oh yeah....

I don't have cats, but my BFF does....she puts up the Christmas tree specifically so they can climb it and swat the decos!

We enjoy our pets for themselves.

If the consequences of having animals in your house doesn't suit you, then possibly you shouldn't have them...the alternative would be to get used to a bit of fur...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackdog For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (13-12-2011),Lemmings  (13-12-2011)