+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in exactly the same saga as your right now. Our DD just turned 2 in September and our son will be born in May.
    We currently use the Mountain Buggy as it is simply the best pram out there for a comfy rid, room and durability. Mind you we do a lot of walking and camping so i just love it. After seeing the new MB +1, i nearly cried because its horrible! No child will want to sit in the back. Then i looked at the Phil n Teds which is still a good pram with the pump up tyres and the ability to take away the 2nd seat when the oldest child just wants to walk, etc. We also had a look at the strider plus. This pram is a great pram. Its big and roomy, is so simple to use, its not cramped at the back like the others. But the only down fall for me was that it didnt have pump up tyres which made it a fairly crap ride for the kiddies. The only other factor was that it simply didnt fit in the boot of my car. Soooo, the Phil n Teds it is for us i think.
    Im going to sell my MB on ebay and use that money to buy a 2nd hand Phil n Teds on the same site. Im not going to fork out another $700 odd for another new pram!
    The other option of course, is the side by side pram. Clearly, it would have been the Mountain Buggy again, but i just cant fit it in the car!
    All our friends have Phil N Teds prams. We've all travelled to Bali with them and they were great. The kids slept fine in them and they handled the streets well. They fold up nice and compact and will fit in practically any boot.
    ....im still so annoyed at Mountain Buggy for totally destoying the new +1 pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have nearly 2 years as well and my compromise was to buy a second hand one for $50 from tender centre...not the flashest pram ever but it really is handy for when I don't want bubs to sleep (as he tends to do when in the carrier). I think its worth getting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been wondering about this too! My DD will be 3 when our next bub is born and while she's perfectly capable of walking everywhere herself, sometimes it's so much easier for her to be in a pram.

I'm already trying to figure out what to do. I think I might try bub in the sling and DD in a pram/trolley if I have them both out together without my husband. If that's tough, I may have to run out and buy one last minute haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Or - just another idea, not sure if it's still on sale or if it was all stores etc, but target had their basic double stroller half price for $100. Be okay for shopping centers etc. And then the rest of the time either 2+ year old walks & baby in your current pram, and when 2 year old won't walk, then have baby in a carrier (like an ergo)

Just as a cheaper option than getting a whole new big pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I bought a double pram when I had my DD1, because DS was only 13months old and still not walking. But, only used it till DS was 2. Truly it was big, heavy and hard to maneuver through the shops. Also a pain when eating in the food court as I couldn't tuck it into the table. When DD2 arrived I bought a stroller and made DD1 walk with DS. Sounds mean, but they were really good and i made them hang onto the stroller. When DD3 arrived did the same thing, but with three kids hanging on - looked so funny!
    So, I wouldn't get one unless you absolutely had to - like your child runs away, or you're out a lot. But its your choice and you know your child best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have the baby jogger city mini double and love it i still put my 3 1/2 yr old dd in it at times i got mine off ebay and only paid like $550 with postage from the US its so easy to push 1 handed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the useful advice... it gives me a bit to think about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a 23 month gap and was getting by with a single pram and sling but have decided to buy a baby jogger city select double. I have gone through Winkalotts in NZ. So much cheaper than here! I paid $750 for the 2011 with both seats and free freight.

I wish I had bought it to start with

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Phil & Teds Dash and my 20 month old and almost 3.5 year old still both sit in it (3.5 year old in the toddler seat underneath). I like that even when age decides to walk it's handy to still have the toddler seat on for extra shopping storage. My kids are 21 months apart in age, and I'm glad I got the single pram with toddler seat rather than a twin pram. Though if I could have my time over I think I would get a Baby Jogger City Select, love that pram!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will have 26 mths gap and will be getting a baby jogger city mini double..
    Love our city elite single and will re-sell the double when we no longer need it :-)

Me + DH = DD! (4/4/10)
    & now baby #2 is on the way!