+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Double Pram for 2 year age gap worth the money??

Hi

I am due to have DS2 in May 2012. There will be a 2 year age gap almost to the day between both boys. I want to get a double pram but its a bit pricey and DP is hesitant to spend that much money when we can get a toddler seat attachment. We checked out the toddler seat attachment and I didnt like it at all! You couldn't see the bottom part of the pram where baby would be and DS didnt look overly comfortable sitting in there.

I did consider a phil & ted's where there is there is the bottom like basket part for DS to sit into, but I honestly dont think he would be happy there as he loves looking around and would want to get out all the time so he can see. I really like the City Mini Double Pram but it costs $729. DS loves being in his pram! Even at home he will just get a ride around the house. What are others experiences with this?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a newborn and 26 month old. We got a strider plus. Nearly 6 months on I still use it as a double a couple of times a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A friend of mine had problems with the toddler seat because the only reason her DD1 wanted to get into the pram was to lie down as she was tired - which she couldn't do in the toddler seat.

Having said that have you considered a skateboard DS1 or carrier/sling for DS2 to get your through 6-12 months?

Guest Guest
    I have a strider with a newborn and 19month old, newborn up top and toddler at the bottom. I still use it and my toddler is 2.5yrs old, he can walk but he runs off so I need the pram when out shopping (and I go to the shops everyday) He loves sitting at the bottom. The seat above is good for a newborn too because it turns to face you. So far it wasn't a waste of money, I just couldn't have my toddler walking when shopping or out on big tips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Strider plus is good. I love it.

I would, jasper is just over 3 and still goes in his pram several times a week, so I would have needed a double with him & a baby at 2.

My belly baby is due in march (jasper will be 3y3m) I still think I'll get some use out of strider plus as a double.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had 2 under 2 and decided not to buy a double pram unless i really needed one after DD2 was born (due to cost) and tbh i didn't end needing one. I had bub in a sling and DD1 in a pram and then DD2 in a pram while DD1 walked. For grocery shopping i had bub in the front of the trolley and DD1 in the basket part of the trolley and later walking beside me.
    A double pram would have been useful on occasions where we were out for a long period of time but that happened so rarely it wasn't worth $700.
    I really did fine without one and am really glad i didn't spend the money as it would have been a waste (for me).

Perhaps you could do what i did and just wait until bub is born and see if you end up needing the pram or not - you may find you do fine without it and if not you can always just go get one then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got a baby jogger city select from pramwarehouse for $699 with the 2 seats, its the 2010 model though. I love it! Belly babe hasn't arrived yet, but I lice the versatility of the seating positions + I can attach the capsule.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Get something you can use as a double & single, nothing worse than having a perfectly good pram you can use.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a 22 month age gap between #3 and #4. I was determined to get by using a single stroller and baby carrier but a couple of weeks ago I caved and got a double pram. I am so happy that I did, it's perfect for long walks.

I was looking at the Baby Jogger City Mini, but didn't like the fact that in a year or so it will be redundant for my purposes. I bought a Bugaboo Donkey which was very pricey, but I love that it's so versatile and that I can continue to use it when #3 is no longer in a pram. Of course there are much cheaper options that convert from single to double as well .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love my p&t's. They both are very happy with their view (I don't get the problem with having a baby underneath?) and both can sleep in it too! Mine was cheap as chips from a last stock sale at a baby shop.
    Love it.