+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Can you find out gender at 32 weeks?

I decided not to find out the gender at my 20 weeks US, but have an US booked for 32 weeks and am starting to think about finding out the gender. The only thing is I am not sure if is possible then.
    Has anyone else found out at around 32 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep, you can. I had a scan on saturday when i was in hospital with contractions at 31wks. they asked if i wanted the sex confirmed while they were there (we are having a surprise, so i told her i didnt want to know) but yep, they can tell at this late stage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep Dd I found out at 36 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks.
    I am confused whether or not to find out! We didnt with DS and I didnt want to find out this time either, but now I am having 2nd thoughts.
    I think I want to prepare myself mentally if it is another boy (this will be our last pregnancy / baby), but don't want to ruin the surprise if it is a girl!
    PS: I will still love another boy, I adore DS and a brother for him would be great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i guess the only you wouldnt be able is if bub was in the wrong position and didnt move so s/he's 'bits' can be seen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah that is true, especially when there is a lot less room now that bub is much bigger. I am sure it is much easier at 20 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got ourconfirmation at 36 weeks that DS was actually a boy - US in Darwin @ 22 weeks he said girl then at 30 weeks maybe a boy (DS had his bum low in my pelvis so they couldn't see very well) but at my 36 week scan (in Brisbane) they said ypep boy - see here are his bits!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    Thanks.
    I am confused whether or not to find out! We didnt with DS and I didnt want to find out this time either, but now I am having 2nd thoughts.
    I think I want to prepare myself mentally if it is another boy (this will be our last pregnancy / baby), but don't want to ruin the surprise if it is a girl!
    PS: I will still love another boy, I adore DS and a brother for him would be great!
    I heard of an awesome way to surprise yourself - and it's just the right time of year...

Ask the us tech to write down the gender and pop it in a sealed envelope

Go to a dept store and pick two outfits (same price) one blue, one pink, and ask the cashier to open the envelope, charge you and gift wrap the appropriate outfit while you turn your back.

Open your gift on christmas morning and... Surprise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mettie View Post
    I heard of an awesome way to surprise yourself - and it's just the right time of year...

Ask the us tech to write down the gender and pop it in a sealed envelope

Go to a dept store and pick two outfits (same price) one blue, one pink, and ask the cashier to open the envelope, charge you and gift wrap the appropriate outfit while you turn your back.

Open your gift on christmas morning and... Surprise!
    Love it! Damn. I'm jealous that I didn't get to do this!

DS's sex was available all through my last weeks, I was 34 weeks at my last ultrasound and the tech confirmed for the 5th time that I was indeed having a boy because he was bum up and showing off his manly bits!
    It all depends on how bub is laying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had dd reconfirmed for me I was so worried last minute I'd get a surprise little boy and really wanted my girl so wanted to be sure.. Even double checked when she was born :rollseyes: