+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help me be more confident with my boss

Ok so I work hard and do a good job, but everytime I need to speak to my boss, I feel like I lose all my conviction and just warble on.

It frustrates me. I go home and think ' you idiot' I know what I'm doing so why can't I express that confidence when I'm talking to her.

She is supportive and everything, the problem is with me.

Country WA
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'd probably stop thinking of her as your boss. I know when I started work in a Govt Dept, I got into the lift with the CEO and was so intimidated! But he said "Hello xxxx, how are you finding things here" and put me right at ease. I was working with a Director, so had met him very briefly, but I was surprised that he remembered my name and was so personable and I was never intimidated by a CEO or Minister again.

They might have positions of power, but they are just people too.

Another trick would be to plan what you are going to say so that you can just focus on putting your point forward.

Not sure if that helps or not.

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-05-2012, 21:50
  2. How to be a confident mother
    By mumsrulz in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-04-2012, 21:24
  3. How to get my boy more confident
    By cakester69 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 14:59