Thread: Active duty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Active duty

My fiance is seriously thinking about going active. I would love to go with him but I'm very worried about it. If he chooses to, we could move to a different state or possibly overseas somewhere. If that happens, we won't be anywhere near family and we have a month old baby. I still feel kind of like I need help with her cause I'm still not used to being a mom yet and she is still a handful. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fiancee is full time navy and seeing as we live in Brisbane, he's away a lot. He's on a compassionate posting home at the moment but normally he's based in Sydney or Cairns. We chose to do the whole 'member with dependants - unaccompanied' thing because when he is at sea, I didnt want to be left without my family. We dont have children together but we are currently doing an IVF cycle and his teenage daughter also lives with me when he is away. A lot of travelling back and forward and many hours spent on the phone. We miss each other a lot and its not always easy but we've been successfully doing it for 5 years now and its great to have friends and family nearby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would be having a huge priorities talk with him

mine was reserve now completely out

i say look after your own backyard first

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He always says my daughter and I are his main priority and that he wants us to stick together. He said that we would only be moving probably 2 states away and that the Army would pay for all of us to move, if we were married. We are planning on getting married in a couple months and by then, our daughter will be almost 6 months old. Until he gets the paper's filled out she could be a year old. I would love to go with him and since this post is old, a lot has changed with my family. The only ones that I'm really here for anymore are my grandparents. I also feel more comfortable with the baby. I'm finally getting used to her.