+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cotton On

I bought some ballet flats for my girl (she is almost 3yrs) ..they are sooo crap!!!! I normally only buy shoes from overseas ..but though I would try these..big mistake ..is all there stuff that crap?..just had to say!!!!
    Last edited by Maybelline; 12-12-2011 at 08:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There clothes are alright but i think i own maybe one shirt from there but no I would never buy shoes from there they aren't a shoe shop there clothes do I don't trust them lol might just be me but I go directly to shoe shops like zu they are great and have awesome heels and knee high boots also flats that are really nice too
    Last edited by Youngmummyof4; 12-12-2011 at 08:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a fan of Cotton On. Their t-shirts lose their shape and their hoodies get all pilly after a couple of wears/washes.

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I avoid Cotton on and Cotton on Kids. The fabric in the clothes is poor quality and lose their shape quickly. Infact Rubi and Typo are owned by the same company and their stuff is crapola too. All cheap and nasty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I will only buy stuff from cotton on if it is very cheap/on special. It is hit and miss for me, some stuff has gone out of shape very quickly, stitching come undone etc and others have lasted me quite well (through two children) so i think it depends on the item. I think the clothes are generally pretty cheap quality at cotton on though so i avoid it.
    I've never brought shoes there though.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (12-12-2011),rainbowchild  (12-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep don't get shoes from there is rubbish. The baby stuff is good. Shorts are ok and a few other things but the rest isn't. I bought DD 3 pairs of tights from there and all of them ripped in the wash within a week! I bought DS a hoodie and the black bits looked grey and faded after 2 washes. Pj where good and so was the robe I bought him. Really it's just cheap made in china stuff but really bad quality.
    I don't even bother clothes shopping in Australia anymore it's all online from overseas. Stuff that I refuse to be ripped off.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (12-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like their clothes- some of the black cardi's they sell have lasted me years- but for shoes I'd go to a shoe shop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't bought shoes from there, they didn't look like good quality. I have bought PJ's ages ago and for my eldest, and now my youngest wears them, so they lasted really well. Same as some of the dresses. I don't shop there much though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    their kids gumboots and ugg's are good but their ballet flats and thongs are rubbish.

i buy my DD's shorts and skirts but never tops or jumpers

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do buy from the outlet store where I can get their stuff at a massive discount, I won't pay their RRP though as it is a rip off for what you actually get - I won't pay more than $5 for a t-shirt from there and thankfully the outlet store has two full walls of $5 and under garments (or 2 for $10 etc which amounts to the same thing).

I actually don't think their clothing is any poorer quality than most other stores, even pumpkin patch has gone downhill in regards to quality and I only buy PP stuff from the outlet store as well - although even at the outlet store the clothes are never as discounted as CO outlet. Cotton On Kids t-shirts etc are usually very thin, but I do find they hold up ok, they are deceptively well made in my opinion so don't necessarily make the decision based on how they feel - I have 4 girls, two close together then my son and then another 2 close together and most of their CO stuff has been passed down at least once. A lot of it is then still good enough to be donated and I have sold some stuff that has been worn constantly over 2 years and still looks great. I love their vintage style tees and their owl motif. Their playsuits are excellent quality as well as their shorts, jeans and denim jackets. Their pyjama's are great too but run small for size - which I found out the hard way. My latest purchase was a tank top with a sequinned heart on the front and fairy wings on the back. It has been worn and washed at least 5 times now and still looks good as new (no lost sequins and the wings look pristine). I am really gentle with all our clothing though so rougher handling might result in more wear and tear.

It's not top notch quality, but it's not completely shoddy quality either - for example all our K-mart leggings end up with pulled stitches around the crotch etc whereas all my CO Kids leggings have held up well.

I would never buy shoes from there though, they look flimsy and I do always buy quality when it comes to shoes as feet are so important.