+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    oh i shouldnt laugh but thi is so cute..
    He does come out with some cute things. Darn hard to keep a straight face and keep telling him off when internally your peeing your pants laughing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bellalika For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (15-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Bella, how are you going with the bedtime routine?

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    Hey Bella, how are you going with the bedtime routine?
    Last night he tucked me in at 9:10. This was after needing a new nappy due to a wee, wanting to try to poo, hiding in my room while I had a shower, pooing (yet another nappy), drink, wanting his blankets fixed etc.

He fell asleep in the car at 3:40. 10 minutes later when we got home it took 40 minutes of one on one time to calm him down. He was then off until bed at 7:20. Procrastinating for 2 hours is a fair effort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, sounds like your doing a great job so far ! Well done ... just reading the other posts ...

Bath crayons can be fun .... draw all over and they wash off. Maybe buy some and sit in the bath on your own and let him come to you ..... when he sees you ... put on the "this is awesome face" and pretend your having the best time ever .... try and draw pictures or shapes that he like to .... so he can relate to the fun your having. You can do this in an empty bath and slowly fill it up little by little.

GOODLUCK !

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is three. yes he may not like having a bath or getting out or whatever but this is all part of the learning curve that all kids go through. He has to have a bath and yes he will scream and whinge because he doesn't want to do it....tough luck mate. You are the parent, You have the power and you write the rules. You have your head screwed on and I know it can be really, really hard but you have to do it. What are the alternatives? Let him tell you what he is going to do? What's he going to be like when he is 8 or 15 if he is telling you what is going to happen now? Don't let him win. Good luck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bushbabies For This Useful Post:

VintageLover  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bushbabies View Post
    He is three. yes he may not like having a bath or getting out or whatever but this is all part of the learning curve that all kids go through. He has to have a bath and yes he will scream and whinge because he doesn't want to do it....tough luck mate. You are the parent, You have the power and you write the rules. You have your head screwed on and I know it can be really, really hard but you have to do it. What are the alternatives? Let him tell you what he is going to do? What's he going to be like when he is 8 or 15 if he is telling you what is going to happen now? Don't let him win. Good luck.
    Yes totally agree with you here!! I have a near 5 year old. She has been picked up fully clothed and put in the bath on more than one occasion lol... Bath time is bath time no two ways about it. No budging on certain things and your children will not argue it, you are the parent!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bushbabies View Post
    I have a different opinion to this. I parent from the angle of developing a relationship built on mutual trust ad respect for each other, even from such a young age.
    I think it's especially important as at 8, and especially at 15, some kids who are given the "my way or the highway"... choose the highway.
    I think children should be given choices but within the boundaries set by parents who "guide" them to make the right decisions, not force what they want upon them.
    Perhaps try a shopping trip and let him choose his own towels, bright beach towels maybe more attractive. Maybe try asking "Would you like a bath or a shower tonight" "would you like it at 530 or 600?" I'd try a box of special bath toys and let him choose just one as well...
    This way you are still allowing him to feel like he has some control over the situation while actually setting the boundaries yourself.
    Maybe try one day surprising him by Dad being in the bath as well for a bit of fun?! Might just be the distraction you need to at least get his toes in lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is exactly why this little boy needs to be taught the riles from his mummy now.. Not when he is 8 or 15 as he will be walking all over her by then.

As I said. Bathtime is bathtime is bathtime put him in there kicking and screaming if you have to.

Things to play with.. Little bit if shaving cream.. Shampoo.. Crayons.. Bubble bath..

But he must go in..

No Milo on the couch if he kicks up a stink!! Plain milk!!! And tell him is he thinks it's funny there'll be no Milo the next night either! (he doesn't need Milo before bed anyway in my opinion)

He needs a firm lesson. Bathtime should be lovely for the most part.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella - do you have a prize box? Sticker chart. Some reward system. See if a timer helps to encourage competition in himself, see if he can beat the time.

He needs to be bathed, nightly. Don't give up or he wins. Get smart. If he starts performing, put him in his room till he is being reasonable.

Go shopping for bath toys with him, so it's fun to get in. Get some of that colour stuff to make it fun too.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP I ahven't read all the responses but . I have a March 08 boy too and boy is it trying! They are clever things so I am sure he is picking up on the stress at home. We have also had 'no bath phases' One night I did put him in the bath in his clothes (took them off in there). He hasn't done that again.
    can you use bribes? Sorry positive reinforcement. My DS loves 'Gelli baff' THey are so expensive we don't buy them often but I can manage to make one packet last two baths. Could you encourage him with that if he has a bath without fuss give it to him once or twice a week. My DS loves to be a 'big boy' and be told he is a help. I am sure you have tried getting him to help you. Do you bath both children at the same time? Can you get him to 'help' you show your other child how to bath and praise praise praise.

Take care. I hated this phase. MAke sure you go see your GP as well. It does sound like the tears are a result of the stress and doing it all yourself.