+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is he stil having a nap during the day?? Triedness may be a factor in his behaviour. Eve if he doesnt sleep, put him in is room for quiet time, even if its for just an hour and even if you have to put the tv on for him. Not great i know but sounds to me like tiredness.
    Good luck

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Jennibear: He is having a sleep right now. Normally he goes down at around 1, but today it was 2:15 as my Mum stuffed us around a bit. We are meant to be on out way to Playgroup as I type but I'm not waking them up after just 40 minutes.

Beryl's Mum: The bath is full of random toys. I'm sick of cleaning them out and soaking them in Milton when they go gunky but I do. He tells me that his duck / frog / etc has poo in it when it needs cleaning.

Wickedly happy: We do swimming on Sundays. With two kids who go in opposite directions I don't feel comfortable taking them on my own. He has a good nap afterwards but last night was still a fight. It is a bit to cold for the paddle pool most days yet, but it has been out a couple of times.

GFP, I went to psych with hubby today. It was ... interesting. I'm not giving in on any front as of yet.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We had similar issues a while back with dd2 & toothbrushing, and dd1 & bath. Like you we tried everything. The easiest workaround for us was doing it in front of the tv . We out on their favourite show, sat down to watch it on the floor then pulled out the facewasher while they were distracted.

Just another suggestion. if you get enough of them something might work for you!

oh and it passed. Eventually....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just ran into my neighbour bringing in the bin. She asked if someone had been struggling with bed time lately.

Turns out she has been able to hear DS1 screaming from her place, but only if she is doing laundry or something on our side of the house. She usually quickly finishes doing what she needs to as her son was the same and it upsets her in memory. I feel so bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    I just ran into my neighbour bringing in the bin. She asked if someone had been struggling with bed time lately.

Turns out she has been able to hear DS1 screaming from her place, but only if she is doing laundry or something on our side of the house. She usually quickly finishes doing what she needs to as her son was the same and it upsets her in memory. I feel so bad.
    This will pass Bella. Just ride it out Lovely xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My son is 3, and difficult, and after a lot of angst and carry on, he has a bath now but only if after I fill it up, he places his 20+ largeish plastic animals in there. God forbid if one is missing. Anyway, maybe try different things until it works. (One day he was having a tantrum and threw himself down on his bottom in the bath and looked indignant as he landed on the dolphin fin...I quietly snickered, of course).

With drying, I just let him run around a bit to dry.

Bed time clothes are a hassle. He's tt but wears nappy overnight, and it's a two person job to get it on.

Is your son 3? this age is just so painful. I dread going to the shops now. On Tuesday, I told jim if it was legal, I would go put him in the car.

Anyway, no real solutions here. What about a day bath?

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    bug hugs - I don't have kids so can't really offer any advice, but I feel for you.

my nephew is 6 so a bit older, but he has recently starting refusing to shower or bath. I don't know full details, but he hadn't showered for a couple of days - I don't know if she had tried but they just faught or she told him he didn't have to etc etc. Anyway, day 3 he told my other sister he had an ithcy willy (my other sister was babysitting). She looked at his willy and it was a little bit red and sweaty. She told him that was because he wasn't showering - the reason we shower is to keep clean and feel well so we can play and have fun - etc etc.

Anyway, he jumped straight in the shower and it hasn't been a problem since.

I doubt it was a well thought out plan by my sister - it was probably a result of just not being able to get him to shower without force - but in the end it worked.

Your little one is younger than that so I don't know if it woudl work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    MsMummy: he is three. Nappy on at night still and it is also a two person operation. I've tried letting him air dry but we have tiles. They become very slippery when wet so he lands hard on his nude derrière. DS2 slips in the puddles to so his pajamas get wet.

Buttoneska: I can give it a try but it would have to be over a wet patch. He gets too hot, sweaty and dirty to just let it go. I did tell him that his doodle would fall off but he told me he would glue and sticky tape it back on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS is also 3 and man does this age suck sometimes!

DS went without a bath last night as I just couldn't be bothered arguing with him.

We seem to overcome brushing teeth problems by buying him a spider man electric toothbrush *fingers crossed that lasts*

Bath time is generally okay, lately he has been having showers and we let him choose between bath/shower.

Is it possible that the water was too hot one time and he is scared that this may happen again?

Could you try and rewards chart and as that starts to work spread out how often a reward is given until eventually there is no reward?

Would your DS wash a doll or toy at the same time as he is being washed and you can copy each other?

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    Buttoneska: I can give it a try but it would have to be over a wet patch. He gets too hot, sweaty and dirty to just let it go. I did tell him that his doodle would fall off but he told me he would glue and sticky tape it back on.
    oh i shouldnt laugh but thi is so cute..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (17-01-2012)