+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default It's all getting too much *vent* long sorry

I had all these plans for this year to be fantastic, a beautiful and growing girl that we love dearly, hubby in new and higher paying job and then "boom" everything fell apart one day when I went to work four months ago.

I was doing the banking for work and returning to my car and when I crossed at the pedestrian crossing I was hit by a car. An elderly man had a stroke and plowed into the car that had stopped for me. I was taken to hospital by ambulance and thankfully nothing broken just bruised and extremely jolted through my legs after landing on my feet in high heels. I thanked my lucky stars and played all of the what if games but I lived to see another day and be with my family. All of my medical expenses were taken care of and I was paid for by work. This was a difficult time for me and my family as it was difficult to care for a toddler as it appeared I had back problems from the accident. After three months off work I was sent back on reduced hours but work began wanting a new contract to formalize my part time hours that I took on after maternity leave, it was stressful as they had no intention of making this easy, it almost seemed like they wanted to make it difficult, the stress just mounted but I didn't resign as we needed the income.

With all of the above still ongoing and just as we think this is about as much drama as we can handle, last weekend I began getting pains in my chest, heart palpitations, shortness of breath etc and put it down to stress. By Monday I was convinced something was not right as I could barely change my daughter's nappy without needing to sit and catch my breath. My breaking point was going down the road to get milk and nearly collapsing. My husband took me to the doctor that afternoon and I explained my symptoms, I was sent straight to emergency. I was confused about what was happening but I went along with it. Turns out I have extensive bilateral pulmonary embolisms and was kept in hospital the rest of the week and will be on blood thinners for the next six months and self injections twice daily for the next few weeks. I have been sent home and told to take it easy, yeah right!! I have a 20 month old and it's two weeks to Xmas with no possibility of getting near the shops to buy pressies in this condition!

So then I come home and I'm enjoying ANOTHER second chance and spending time with my family when my daughter breaks out in this almighty rash head to toe. still no idea what it is so back to the dr in the morning while I get another blood test.

Can the universe really hate me this much? I am looking forward to the new year in the hope of better luck and better health cos something's gotta give.

Thanks for listening/reading xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    hugs <3 so sorry for everything that's gone wrong hope you feel better soon and that you have a great christmas regardless of presents

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow what a tough year

Fingers crossed next year is awesome to make up for it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LibranTwin For This Useful Post:

bubbella  (16-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds rough I had a bit of a rough run health wise after the birth of my DD including a large DVT, so this pregnancy I'm on daily injections of thinners for probably 9 months total, and that alone has been really hard for me to deal with, so I can imagine how that feels for you but then with the other added stuff... The self injecting is confronting hey, and having had no real health issue in my past aside from that post birth period, it's hard to get used to. But lucky they treated you in time!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

bubbella  (16-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you

Yep it's tough and those injections are very hard to do, kind of gives me a reality check each time at just how different my life has become in just one week. I forgot to mention that they have taken me off the pill as its too high risk now and only given condoms as an option, hubby hates them as do I (too many broken ones lol) so there goes my sex life too lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbella View Post
    Thank you

Yep it's tough and those injections are very hard to do, kind of gives me a reality check each time at just how different my life has become in just one week. I forgot to mention that they have taken me off the pill as its too high risk now and only given condoms as an option, hubby hates them as do I (too many broken ones lol) so there goes my sex life too lol
    Yeah same here re birth control and it's forever... but we've successfully used withdrawal for 8 years, not that I'd advise anyone else to use that method. I hear the jabs get easier, and according to the dvd I should soon be running through the fields gleefully - because thats what the lady in the dvd wa doing after a few months on clexane Anyway, time for my jab now - thanks for reminding me After a week or so I did find it less distressing to do, but a few weeks in and it's still difficult. Good luck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

bubbella  (16-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Couldn't read and not respond. Just wanted to send

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BBoo For This Useful Post:

bubbella  (16-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    According to the doctors I am ony on the clexane until my INR (how thin my blood is) is "therapeutic" which is between the range of 2-3. Today's result was 1.6 so I'm getting close. Once that happens it will just be the warfarin I'll take everyday and keep getting the blood tested to check the INR.

Bada- did you have a DVT or something else that has you on clexane?

This still all seems so surreal and I guess it has been traumatic and of course life changing that I know it will take a while to sink in. I'm already worrying about whether it will come back after they take me off the blood thinners and whether I will get the warning symptoms like I did this time....

Thanks all for your support and reading my rants, I don't have a lot of friends around and my family are obviously going through enough and I really wanted to say what I'm feeling xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops sorry bada just re read your previous post and answered my own question haha, stupid phone lol screen is too small to fit everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbella View Post
    According to the doctors I am ony on the clexane until my INR (how thin my blood is) is "therapeutic" which is between the range of 2-3. Today's result was 1.6 so I'm getting close. Once that happens it will just be the warfarin I'll take everyday and keep getting the blood tested to check the INR.

Bada- did you have a DVT or something else that has you on clexane?

This still all seems so surreal and I guess it has been traumatic and of course life changing that I know it will take a while to sink in. I'm already worrying about whether it will come back after they take me off the blood thinners and whether I will get the warning symptoms like I did this time....

Thanks all for your support and reading my rants, I don't have a lot of friends around and my family are obviously going through enough and I really wanted to say what I'm feeling xox
    Yep dvt diagnosed 2 wks post DD's birth. I did clexane injections for two weeks then warfarin for six months, and tbh as crap as the clexane shots are, having to go to the frequent blood tests to check warfarin levels, while just getting used to my newborn, and without a car... was a royal pita.

Have they done testing to determine what caused the embolism?

The clexane shots for me through this pregnancy are preventative btw(you can't take warfarin during pregnancy as apparently it crosses the placenta and can cause birth defects). Did your doctor mention that you might need the same in any future pregnancies? Sorry you probably don't want to think about it!