+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clary Sage Oil... How to use to bring on labour??

Hello. Im due to have a membrane sweep this Friday and i'd like to bring my labour on naturally if possible. i've heard clary sage oil has worked for some and not for others so i thought it was worth a try anyway. I've just bought some clary sage oil the other day and some people have said to put a few drops in a bath or to rub/massage it into your belly. Just wondering exactally how much (as its a tiny bottle) if anyone has used it and has it worked and how did you use it? In a bath ect ect?
    Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can either use it in an oil burner (which I find better than using it in the bath, also goes further) along with a carrier oil. Alternatively you can rub in into your stomach, back and thighs with a carrier oil (dont ever put it directly on your skin). Ive been doing this since 38 weeks (im now 40 +3) and nothing has happened for me as yet. Clary sage oil is meant to be more effective to use when you actually in labour to strengthen your contractions. I cant imagine it could do much if your body wasnt readyfor labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was 40+4 days when I burnt it in an oil burner and put some under my nose. It was just the thing to tip me over into labour

Three hours after I started burning it and smelling it, I was in labour

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I put a few drops in the bath and rubbed it into my tummy with a carrier oil (just a few drops of the clary sage) around 3 times a day. I went into labour at 40+4 after using it for 2 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I put about 10 drops in a carrier oil and rubbed it into my stomach two evenings in a row. I was already 3cm dilated and I went into labour at 41 weeks after the second night of doing it and had a very fast labour (less than 3 hours and only 6 minutes of pushing).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies What is a carrier oil? thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kate13398 View Post
    Thanks for the replies What is a carrier oil? thank you
    You could use olive oil, grape seed oil, peanut oil (this is what I used), anything like that, preferably something with a mild smell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used it in for my last pregnancy, I used it in an oil burner with some Lavender oil. I started using it at 40 wks but didn't have bubs until 41+2, so it didn't bring the labour on for me. I ended up having a very easy labour though so it may have helped some?? I did try sniffing it straight from the bottle and it would give me a braxton hicks but that was it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tried it last Friday being totally over being pregnant. I mixed it with some bubble bath, burnt it straight and rubbed it into my tummy with oil (about 15 drops).

My waters broke late Saturday night and ds was born 3.5 hours later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmy2b. How much did you put in bath? And the 15drops with carrier oil - how much other oil was it mixed with. I'm going to give this a go