+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Quick Help!!!!!!!

Ds 3.5 started toilet training today and has only had 2.5 accidents!! Yay! He's doing so well!!

But...DH and I are worried about nighttime!! Do we put him in nappy pants and hope he doesn't go backwards or do we just leave him in undies and hope for the best????

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    One step at a time. Get him trained for daytime, then work on the night time training when he is ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Personally, I tackled day training first, though I started TT him when he was 2. He was easy to TT though and after a month was able to be nappy free with out any accidents. I did started night training around 2 months later. He wet the bed both nights I tried him without an nappy, so I delayed it a bit longer. When he was 2.5 my friend downloaded the 3 day TT program online, she passed on the nighttime training to me and it pretty much says, no drinks after 4pm. and to make sure he had down 2 wees before he went to bed (going by a 7pm bedtime) if that didn't work it then said to wake him 1 hour after his bedtime to take him then put him back to sleep, if this still didn't work then to wake him again 1 hour before his usual wake up time (so around 5am) - if all this provailed then he hasn't ready. Luckily for us it worked the very first night, so all I had to do was no drinks after 4pm. After a month of doing this he was then able to have drinks before bed time and hold his wee over night or he would wake up. Some people will say that they will TT when they are ready and I really don't know if I just got the timing right or this program worked but whatever it was it worked. He's 3.5 now fully TT, he can have several drinks before bedtime and still stays dry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just worried he won't understand why he has to wear Nappies at night. And a big thing will stopping drinks after 4pm lol he usually takes a drink bottle to bed...guess I wil have to stop it (starting tomorrow..bit late now)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He's only a couple of months off 4 so old enough to trial it IMO. If you've got a mattress protector on his bed I'd try leaving him in undies and see what happens, it cant hurt. Good luck.
    Last edited by bada; 11-12-2011 at 18:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess we can try for a night, he does have a mattress protector so
    I'll chuck it on and see how he goes. If not we can always put nappy pants on tomorrow night

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was 2.5 and we night trained first - he decided he didn't want a nappy for bed on night and I went with it he has now been TT'd for 3 months with only a few night time accidents (more day times ones than I care to count).
    Basically I'd just go for it and see how he goes - DS takes a water bottle to bed each night too always has.

We have a couple of layers on his bed so if he does wet the bed I just strip a layer off rather than having to remake the bed each time.
    Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you we asked him and he wants to try undies tonight and he wants his potty in his room just in case lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay go Master SK2BC

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Seacretsquirrel View Post
    Yay go Master SK2BC
    Hehe thank you we are so proud of him!