+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Very, plus huge pool, gym, lounge facility, tennis courts, sauna, steam room... oh and ME!

Heaps of kids in the complex, but it's so quiet you wouldn't think so.
    do you get a commission

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    do you get a commission
    Lol... the incentive is good company.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    Talk to the agent, ask if there have been any complaints about the neighbors?
    If you ask the agent if the neighbours ever had any complaints against them, ofcourse they'll say "no" or else noone wants to rent the place

I too live in a "strata" managed complex with bylaws. It has its pro's and cons and so far I have only had the luck to experience the cons.
    I bought this house. There's 8 in the complex and 3 of them are owner occupied. So my blardy luck is to have a neighbour with issues who happens to be an owner occupier, so no eviction possible here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    You move to a place in the middle of nowhere (or at least a property large enough that your neighbours houses are too far away to really hear them revving their cars/playing loud music/etc).

I seriously think that's the only way you'll guarantee quiet, considerate neighbours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We are semi rural atm, and were rural prior to this place. I keep telling DH we need acreage and FIL has started saying the same.
    All day yesterday and today one neighbours had the band saw going, he was tileing 2mx10cm border around his pizza oven. 2 whole days of band sawing to achieve that I could do it in 1/4 of the time.

Going to try convince DH to rent and then we can build, maybe on acreage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used to have nice neighbours but moved a couple of months ago. Now the people here don't even smile when we do see them (we're in an apartment so don't see people so much) but they seriously just walk past and slam their door shut. My son tried to say hello the other day, he wasn't forward or inappropriate, we pass the same lady every morning on our way out and she just looked at him and kept going. Thankfully DS just looked at me and didn't say anything LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We live in a suburb that people come to holiday at. Due to this, both of our neighbours only live at their house for about 6 months of the year. Because they are older they are quiet and have never been an issue. In saying that, there are no children in our street so our little one has no-one to play with like I did back in the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Very, plus huge pool, gym, lounge facility, tennis courts, sauna, steam room... oh and ME!

Heaps of kids in the complex, but it's so quiet you wouldn't think so.
    Sounds lovely <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only thing I can think of, is buying a house in a nice area.

Home owners are much less likely to annoy the neighbors simply because selling a house is much harder then vacating a rented house.

I do not live in a nice area but 2 of my 3 neighbors own their house. They take care of their property, chat to us out the front, watch our house while we're away etc but our 1 renting neighbour won't have a bar of us.

I'm not saying All renters are thoughtless but in my experience, home owners are in it for the long hawl.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Proriceman;6249422]The only thing I can think of, is buying a house in a nice area.

Home owners are much less likely to annoy the neighbors simply because selling a house is much harder then vacating a rented house.
    /QUOTE]

I live in a lovely area and on one of the good streets / courts. I just happen to live next to the dodgie neighbours with the druggy son, although he had problems well before then. The called the cops on him again today. They do this when his temper escallstes past the verbal to the physical and he starts punching walls.