+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vitex Supplement?

I know this thread has been around before but I can't find it and Dr Google isn't giving me a lot of information today.

I have some what irregular cycles, this month was 42 days. And it is a huge point of frustration!
    Waiting 3+ weeks just to O on top of the TWW is turning me into an emotional mess.

Can I take Vitex as well as elevit?

And any success stories?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep. I took Vitex as had a couple of short 20 dayish cycles. Took it and then had a 38 day cycle I think it was, and was back on track. Next month I got my BFP!

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thank you!

There are different ideas on how long to take it, did you stop taking it at O or take it the whole way through your cycle?

It also says 3 times a day, is that right? I suppose it doesn't really matter, I'll try anything!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took it to regulate my cycles between each bub - they were anything from 26 day cycles to 71 day cycles... it took a good 6 months on vitex before they were perfect (every 31 days on the dot), but they improved each month taking it. still took us ages to conceive each time, but at least i could track my cycles when they were regular! I took it the whole way through my cycle, and once a day (on advise of my natropath)

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh, and the tablets didnt work for me - had to be the liquid (its feral tasting, but worked!) and you can take elevit and vitex

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edb View Post
    Oh thank you!

There are different ideas on how long to take it, did you stop taking it at O or take it the whole way through your cycle?

It also says 3 times a day, is that right? I suppose it doesn't really matter, I'll try anything!!
    I took it all the way through and weaned off slowly when I got my BFP.

Dosage probably depends on brand. Just go with what it says and keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! Heading to the chiropractor tonight and will see if he has any practitioner strength!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been to chiro, pharmacy and Coles and no one has vitex! Where do I buy it? Online..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just used the Blackmores brand and got it from the chemist. Chemist warehouse maybe??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

edb  (12-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edb View Post
    I've been to chiro, pharmacy and Coles and no one has vitex! Where do I buy it? Online..
    Chemist warehouse has the tabs, it's found with the preg vitamins. From memory the blackmores one is a pink label.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stretch For This Useful Post:

edb  (12-12-2011)