View Poll Results: Would you keep your ex-husbands surname?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 30.00%
  • No

25 50.00%
  • Other

10 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    Other.

I never took his surname in the first place. The way I saw it, we were joining our lives. I didn't see why I had to lose part of my identity to do that.
    DP and I have been together 10 years, and if we eventually do get married I'll keep my surname too. We have 3 children together and we decided they'd have my surname as DP didn't want to hyphenate.

My Mum changed back to her maiden name after she and Dad divorced and I think, for her, it was an important part of starting a new chapter. My brother and I weren't fussed that we had a different surname to her when we were growing up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If i divorced i would keep my married name. I have no desire to go back to my maiden name ever and was glad to be rid of it when i married. It is the same name as my children and is fairly common so i would just keep it. Since i would never take my maiden name back the only other other option would be make up a whole new surname but that seems a lot of hassle to me....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Why would you?
    If it was part of a brand. eg. Maggie Tabberer

Why wouldn't you?
    Once the marriage is over, so is my link to him. I'd revert to my maiden name.

ETA: How would you feel if your husband had an ex wife who kept his surname?
    If it was part of a brand, I'd understand. If not, I think it was a bit sad but other than that I wouldn't care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My last name is about 45 miles long, Greek, and nobody seems to be able to pronounce it even though it's said exactly how it's spelt. In saying that though...I still don't know. The only person I have ever considered marrying has a last name that's bad by association, because MIL is a total biatch, so I have often wondered if we ever married in the first place, if I would be happy to have the same name as her.
    So probably...if it were him, I would go back to my name. If it were someone else whose family weren't jerks like PPs have said, then I would probably keep it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jemmajam View Post
    I've never been married but I changed my last name to my now ex dps because my two kids have that name and I wanted all three of use to have the same last name I still have a really great relationship with his family so I saw it more as it's there family name and we are apart of that which they were all happy that i changed it
    My mum did this, although we had no relationship with his family, just before I started preschool she changed her name so it was the same as mine. I like that, Im glad I have my dads name (its just about our only connection) and Im glad I had the same name as my mum. Plus I dont really like her maiden name.