View Poll Results: Would you keep your ex-husbands surname?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 30.00%
  • No

25 50.00%
  • Other

10 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    I'd keep it. Its the same as the kids and I like it better than my maiden name.

The fact that I would have the same surname as his "new" wife, which would undoubtedly annoy her, would delight me thoroughly...but I'm a b!tch like that.
    ^^ Yep.

Annoying the new one would really please me but I'm a cow when I want to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dh's ex changed hers back and then "convinced" dh to agree to their daughters names being name-name, with hers at the front. Of course the girls were told to only use hers then, but that's another thread lol.
    Honestly it wld **** me if she still had he's name.
    My mil is divorced from fil and she has kept the same name, even after she remarried. I believe she has done this for wrong reasons tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Your mission in life is to put everyone off marrying your husband in the unlikely event you divorce isn't it?
    Yes, or die.

I am deadly serious about being cremated, put in an urn and carted about the house. I would like to sit by the TV when the family is awake and at night I would like to be taken to bed. If he remarries I will be in the bedroom at night, on the bedside table just to make it that little bit more awkward for the new wife. When they DTD one of them will probably have to see me in my urn and I will be cackling from above (or possibly below)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

nicoletta  (15-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd move heaven and earth to change mine and DD's, if we split up no way would I want to be associated with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes, or die.

I am deadly serious about being cremated, put in an urn and carted about the house. I would like to sit by the TV when the family is awake and at night I would like to be taken to bed. If he remarries I will be in the bedroom at night, on the bedside table just to make it that little bit more awkward for the new wife. When they DTD one of them will probably have to see me in my urn and I will be cackling from above (or possibly below)

OMG this cracked me up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, or die.

I agree with LH's first post and this one. I hate my last name and in the area we live in it is associated with a race that acts terribly and as bad as it sounds i do not want to be associated with them or anything to do with them and I mostly like DH's name. I would keep it if we got divorced, there is only one reason why i wouldnt and that is if he were to abuse DS and I. I also like the fact that when I would be introduced to the new women I would be MRS Ca-------- and no matter what i would be his first wife, if any bish has a problem then they complain all they like. Then again if we split I would make him unapproachable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Mum did this. She's kept Dad's surname. They split when I was about 14, after 20 years of marriage.

She kept it because she'd been Mrs XYZ for about just as long as she'd had her maiden name... but she got married at 20, and so had spent her adult life as Mrs XYZ. All her paperwork had that name on it, and her children had that name. She'd been that name for so long, she decided to keep it. It makes sense to me.

I think if I was married for 20 years, and then divorced, I might keep my name too if I liked the name and had kids with that name. If it was an ugly name I'd change it back. lol.

I'm not even sure I'll change my name when I get married anyway. I might just keep my own, or hyphenate it (to make it a REALLY long surname... lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My aunt kept her exh name as it was the same as the kids and she'd been known that for all of her adult life.

Exh has since remarried and his new wife has taken on his surname BUT my aunt and the new wife both have the same first name!!

Looks very confusing on the kids school form - Mother: Ms A Name Father: Mr B Name Step Mother: Mrs A Name.

They do however get along well and we call my aunt by her first name and the new wife by the nick name. (eg Amanda=aunt; Mandy=wife).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    For me personally, I probably would, it's my childrens surname and I like it better than my maiden name.
    ^^^This

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd keep it. Its the same as the kids and I like it better than my maiden name.

The fact that I would have the same surname as his "new" wife, which would undoubtedly annoy her, would delight me thoroughly...but I'm a b!tch like that.
    What's even MORE satisfying is the ex wife thinking that it will annoy me then DH changing his name to MINE. She was dumbfounded.
    It was awesome.
    Loved it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

AppleIsleSMum  (11-12-2011),Lemonhead  (11-12-2011)