View Poll Results: Would you keep your ex-husbands surname?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 30.00%
  • No

25 50.00%
  • Other

10 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DF's exw kept his last name, even though she left him but she is still in love with him sooo I kinda get why she wont change it!

I don't get the ladies saying they'd keep it just to **** off the new wife...
    Wouldn't it **** you off more that the new wife would then have the same name as your children??

DF's ex wife's last name is at the end of my give a damn list- she causes us more issues then just a name

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would and I DID! As much as I hate my maiden name, as much as my 4 children had their father's name....within weeks I had reverted back to my maiden name without even thinking about it. He did not deserve the honour of me having his name and I did not want to share a name with a a-hole that would leave his wife and kids for a floozy at the office.

Now, 6 years later and the anger gone, I don't really regret it. I'm glad that I don't share my name with the woman who persued and stole my husband.

Maybe if he had treated me better, or if our marriaged died a natural death (which it was heading anyway) then I may have kept his name just so I could be the same as my children. But he was awful and I didn't want to keep it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never been married but I changed my last name to my now ex dps because my two kids have that name and I wanted all three of use to have the same last name I still have a really great relationship with his family so I saw it more as it's there family name and we are apart of that which they were all happy that i changed it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I'd change back. Definitely. His last name sucks and his family are a-holes.

MIL kept her married name (same as mine now) and she wants to be called the Asian name for grandma because "if I was still married to FIL I would be called that"
    errrr yes but your not n he has a new wife. Freak!

Mum kept her's so she had the same name as us (her kids) n her maiden name totally sucked.
    Last edited by Eleven Eleven; 11-12-2011 at 14:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jemmajam View Post
    I've never been married but I changed my last name to my now ex dps because my two kids have that name and I wanted all three of use to have the same last name I still have a really great relationship with his family so I saw it more as it's there family name and we are apart of that which they were all happy that i changed it
    That's kinda the same reasoning as me. I know if DH and I ever split, we will still be on good terms and I know I'll still be close with my in-laws regardless. They are more my family than what my blood family are. There is no way I'd go back to my maiden name, ever (even though I haven't changed to DHs name yet, but use it by association anyway)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven Eleven View Post
    Yep, I'd change back. Defiantly. His last name sucks and his family are a-holes.
    I find that really strange he'd feel he had any say at all on you being 'allowed' to change it back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Me and Dh/inlaws talk about this lol. There is nothing in the world that he could do to make me hate him that much (apart from hurting kids/me etc, but i am 1000000% sure he wouldnt) so therefore i would probably keep it, and i imagine we would be good friends even if we did split, his family said i would still be coming round for sunday bbqs etc lol If his new mrs was really unhappy and if HE really wanted me to change it, like if he hated me and the split was my fault then i would probably change it over time. But our daughters name will not change until she is married and i wont be having any more kids if we split but the thing that would bother me would be children with different last names to each other.

I understand my SIL changing back because her ex's last name wasnt even his real one he just changed it to keep his mother happy and she doesnt want her kids to be attached to a peice of Shlit anyway. Her daughter has his name but hopefully she will get married and it will change, best thing she ever did was put father unknown on the birth cert too because in court her Ex one request was give them the last name stoopid power hungry mongroel.

Lol talk about rambling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I find that really strange he'd feel he had any say at all on you being 'allowed' to change it back.
    Sorry? I don't understand. He wouldn't have a say.

I was just saying his last name sucks and I don't relate to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven Eleven View Post
    Sorry? I don't understand. He wouldn't have a say.

I was just saying his last name sucks and I don't relate to it.
    You said you'd be defying him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    You said you'd be defying him?
    Haha! Oh I'm so dumb! Sorry! I meant definitely. My bad.