+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    It was a emergency surgery. My bowel got strangled an then perforated by my hernia.

I have seen you recently mentioned having had surgery, but didn't want to pry. I hope you have a speedy recovery and that bub is ok. What a traumatic experience for you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That sounds absolutely horrendous

I think the transvaginal idea may be the way to go. They do sometimes get quite 'vigorous' with the probe when scanning externally, and may poke your tummy to 'encourage' baby into a good position etc.

Good luck with your scan!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Im so sorry, I didn't know. But I guess you're extremely lucky to have held onto bellybub throughout that horrible ordeal. I'd be very keen too so see if bub has survived ok. Though Im sure it will. They are tough little things and the amniotic fluid is there to keep them safe and protected.
    Morph scans are mainly for physical appearances anyway. Ie brainsize and shape, amount of heartchambers, etc. IF the morphine has done any damage, you wont know until after birth.

I received a big electric shock when I was 23+6. I started to have very full on and painful contractions. The only way they could slow them down, was to admit me and dope me upto my eyeballs with morphine. It was either that or give birth with a huge chance of DS not surviving. You didn't have much of a choice either.
    DS is just fine. He's got global developmental delay, but thats nothing we cant fix. Lots of speech and OT in the next 2 years and he should catch up with every other child his age.
    BUT the pead has a concern about Aspergers. DS needs to have a proper diagnostic assessment soon. However in my own opinion, (and Im not in denial as a lot more people agree with me) IF he has Aspergers, it is very very very mild and he should be able to have a normal life with the help of Early Childhood Intervention.

The delay in development and Aspergers have NOT been caused by the morphine. That is the one thing they have guaranteed me. Its just the luck of the draw. So please dont worry

Goodluck with the scan. I loved it. Together with my 4D scan, they were the best scans out of the whole pregnancy. Dont forget to ask them to put the images on a disc for you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Oh Im so sorry, I didn't know. But I guess you're extremely lucky to have held onto bellybub throughout that horrible ordeal. I'd be very keen too so see if bub has survived ok. Though Im sure it will. They are tough little things and the amniotic fluid is there to keep them safe and protected.
    Morph scans are mainly for physical appearances anyway. Ie brainsize and shape, amount of heartchambers, etc. IF the morphine has done any damage, you wont know until after birth.

I received a big electric shock when I was 23+6. I started to have very full on and painful contractions. The only way they could slow them down, was to admit me and dope me upto my eyeballs with morphine. It was either that or give birth with a huge chance of DS not surviving. You didn't have much of a choice either.
    DS is just fine. He's got global developmental delay, but thats nothing we cant fix. Lots of speech and OT in the next 2 years and he should catch up with every other child his age.
    BUT the pead has a concern about Aspergers. DS needs to have a proper diagnostic assessment soon. However in my own opinion, (and Im not in denial as a lot more people agree with me) IF he has Aspergers, it is very very very mild and he should be able to have a normal life with the help of Early Childhood Intervention.

The delay in development and Aspergers have NOT been caused by the morphine. That is the one thing they have guaranteed me. Its just the luck of the draw. So please dont worry

Goodluck with the scan. I loved it. Together with my 4D scan, they were the best scans out of the whole pregnancy. Dont forget to ask them to put the images on a disc for you
    Thank you for your story.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow. Now I know why my post didn't show up for a while after I had sent it. 3 ladies posting all in the same minute lol.

Everything will be fine hun. Let us know how it went

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I will.

I am so excited but scared too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I was a bit anxious with my scan. I didn't get that electric shock until 5 weeks after the morphology scan. So I was just anxious about the normal stuff like making sure he had 10 fingers, 10 toes, etc.

Yet after I received that shock, they wanted to do an X-ray of my neck and back because I have a hairline fracture that has been there for a long time and they wanted to make sure it wasn't damaged any further.
    However, it means I would have to expose my belly and bubba to X-rays and that was a big fat no no for me. As long as I could still walk, I refused the X rays. I had them done after I gave birth 2 months later.
    They did do the neck Xray as they had a special apron to put around pregnant bellies. The X-ray would have done much more damage than morphine would ever do.

DS has survived the most horrid of pregnancies ever. So many bad things happened throughout those 36 weeks, yet he came out kicking and screaming with agpar scores of 9 and 9. My DS was obviously meant to be and so is your bellybean I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. When is the scan again?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    The scan is 9:30 the morning at the hospital.

The surgeons couldn't do a heap of test they wanted to/normally would do before the op because they were too risky to bub. The surgeons were great but ob was slack they refused to do the scans and ctg before and after the op. They would only do 1 min doppler with a faulty machine. The surgeons were so peeved.

I just hope they make me wait to long before doing it as sitting up straight really hurts.

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tomorrow.

I too noticed that you mentioned surgery in another thread and didn't want to pry. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bellalika For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Well It's done.

It was very, very painful.