+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nervous

I had a bit of a scare of Thursday with light bleeding so I went into hospital and got checked, they were so very good to me but the whole thing has left me a bit of a nervous wreck, every little thing seems to be bigger than what it is.

I had to have a speculum inserted to be checked where the bleeding came from, everything was ok and apparently my bleeding is normal, something to do with something stretching? anyways my blood pressure was high. I have to go into tomorrow to check blood pressure again, this time just to the antenatal clinic... what's the chance of my being admitted? and can it harm baby?

Just wondering, usually whenever I am in hospital my blood pressure is high, I'm a nervous person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know your specific circumstances of course, but, I just wanted to let you know that I recently had something similar... I had a lot of bleeding and went to the hospital in a panic, the hospital was wonderful checked me over.. Basically they did a bunch of ultrasounds, blood and urine tests and everything turned out ok. It can be perfectly normal to experience bleeding I've been informed now that while they expect me to have spotting possibly throughout the whole pregnancy I need not be concerned unless the bleeding is a lot again.

Don't know if this will put your mind at ease more just wanted to let you know that you are not alone, plenty of women experience the same thing and all my worry turned out to be unwarranted.

I wish you all the best, try not to stress.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ksweett For This Useful Post:

Sara87  (11-12-2011)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's called white coat syndrome http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-hi...-coat-syndrome maybe ask for a unit so you can do it at home? Or maybe try some relaxation techniques (calm birthing) that would help you? Re the bleeding I had some with my last pregnancy that they couldn't find the source of, I hadnt done anything unusual nor had s3x in the past few days an they had no idea what it was from, my placenta was no where near my cervix and there was no explanation for it. Thankfully it never happened again and my baby was born perfectly healthy at home at 41+3

5. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Sara87  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been in your situation. I had lots of bleeding up Untill 16 weeks and bubs was perfecty fine even thou I'd been told a number of times id lost him due to the amount of blood I'd lost... Stupid docs. My BP is always higher at the hosp and I always had a whinge to my OB that this is why it was always on the higher side. At my normal gp it never measured high. Anyway my OB said it still shouldnt be going as high as it was an it was still bad for me and bub that it was going high no matter the reason. I ended up having to take BP meds from 32 weeks and had a few hosp says. At 35 weeks I started to get Preclampsia and because of this and a few other things my ds was born at 36 +4. This may happen to you, your BP might end up being fine but it's still better to have it regularly checked. Good luck an try not to stress because that will cause your BP to rise. Just rest lots and think of how amazing it's going to be to hold your beautiful bub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterbubs1012 For This Useful Post:

Sara87  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ksweett: Its good to hear its not always something to be alarmed about! I'm only 31 weeks but after the check up the Doctor told me that Bub is no where near coming anytime soon. That was a relief to hear as its always been one of my concerns. This is my first bubs and my Mum lives in another state and It's only me and hubby living in Tasmania. Thanks for your reply

Thermolicious: The midwife kept saying that to me! Had no idea what she was going on about, but that does sound like it could possibly be me. Thanks for the info hehe. Thanks for the advice too!

Winterbubs1012: I'm sorry you went through that! Must of been scary for you! I know it will all be worth it in the end though. Thanks for your well wishes xx

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Your welcome