+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I put so much thought into presents. I love getting well thought out gifts, regardless of value. Filler presents, even when expensive, loose their sparkle for me.

This year hubby is getting a night in a boutique hotel on new years eve with the kids babysat by my parents. He keeps complaining that we haven't done proper new years for, well, years. Hopefully he appreciates the thought behind it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HAHA Cub that's hilarious! DH and I are red wine lovers and it's no secret amongst our (very long term) friends. We entertain regularly and I remember once, a friend of ours came over one night and had a bottle of wine and said 'oh I didn't know if you drank red or white.. so I got you Rose'....

We regifted it....

BeccyXD is offline happiness never decreases when spread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I get anxious when gift giving, mostly after I've brought it.

It seems the only thing my family knows about us is that we're vegetarian so every year we get vegetarian cook books and I have never used one of them! Last year we even got a vegetarian cookbook calendar.

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so thankful after this thread that my MIL is a good gift giver.

Even after only meeting her for the first time about a week before Christmas she got me tarot cards, with fairies... And they are purple! *the colour, the fairies and the unknown/hippy... All very me.

She isn't the greatest at clothing though... Things I would like, I do like but are the "grandma" version.
    Top, wide sleeves... I'm a spaghetti strap gal, but the colour, style & size all me.

I like to think I'm a good gift giver, I do put thought in, although for some people, mostly my siblings it's like meh a t-shirt will do.

DH is getting better (got me a ghd this year!! And the perfume I wore at our wedding... Which I ruined the surprise of coz I got myself a new bottle and he had got me one as he noticed mine was getting low... Whoops)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I can relate. My MIL seems to put no thought in the gifts I have received from her over the years. I wish she would just ask DH and he could at least tell her my likes and dislikes!

One year she bought me a necklace with a cross on it..but not just a regular cross. One of those very religious ones with Jesus on it. I am not religious in the slightest & don't go to church...have no idea why she would buy this!!!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There seems to be a recurring theme in this thread- don't buy another person clothes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    There seems to be a recurring theme in this thread- don't buy another person clothes
    or jewellery (unless its diamonds!)

i hate it when gifts arnt recriprecated (?sp) equally. we gave my sister a $100 voucher to Myer for their engagement as they had a register there but the nearest Myer is 6+ hrs away. so something they wanted, something they could use.
    when we got engaged we got a glass bowl, like one you put in a display cabinet. apart from the fact it was worth maybe 1/2 of what we gave them, it is something that we would never want. to us, stuff like that is just good to collect dust or get broken. we dont have anything like that at our place. we used it to hold a few stubby holders for a while but its now in the back of a cupboard.

BeccyXD is offline happiness never decreases when spread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    or jewellery (unless its diamonds!)
    yes! I used to work in a jewelry store and I'm so so so fussy! Luckily the latest jewelry gift I got was from close friends and they did very well. I usually choose what I want if it's jewelry related, not many people are game enough to try on there own anyways lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    A personalized gift to a loved one could be a great option! There are various gifts that can be personalized according to the situation. The best gift that I received on my birthday is a personalized poster that captures a few interesting moments of my childhood days. I loved this poster and would love to gift someone their precious memories captured in a poster like this.