+ Reply to Thread

Default 34 weeks, sick kids?

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if I'm being really paranoid, and need some opinions.
    It's my niece's birthday and we were going to go visit her, however her mum has just let us know she is quite unwell with a high temperature etc but that we are still welcome to come, plans are just slightly different now.

Since becoming pregnant, I literally pick up every illness going around already and I have said to my husband that I don't think I should go to visit her while she is unwell, especially when we don't know what it is that she has.

I feel really bad, I love my niece to pieces and hate the thought of not being there on her birthday (she's only 3). My husband thinks I'm being paranoid and should go anyway. I just really don't want to get anything, especially when it comes with a fever etc, and feel like I have to protect my bub first.

Do you think I'm being unreasonable/overly cautious?

Honestly I wouldn't go. I hate being sick, when pregnant it was even worse as you can't take anything to help you feel better, plus I suppose there is slight risk to your bub. I really don't think people should be out at parties etc when they are unwell, our bodies need to rest and recover, and not spread the bugs around.

Could you phone your niece and let her know you are sorry she is unwell and will see her as soon as possible, maybe take her out for cake then or something.

I am sorry for her being unwell on her birthday, poor little mite

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I wouldn't go. I would ring her and tell you see her when she well. It's not worth the risk.