+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default For mums who didnt follow a routine & bubs eventually settled into their own routine.

how old was your LO when this happened? Was just reading another thread and this point popped up in my mind. I havnt followed a routine with DD,3m, mainly because of her colic and reflux issues, but now she herself wants to goto bed by 6.30,7pm (although still wakes alot during the night from colic/reflux) and wake by 7am.
    So just curious at what age bubs set a routine for themselves (when you didnt implement one)??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Miss 11 months has gotten herself in to a bit of a pattern in the last 6 weeks.... And has been mostly sleeping 8pm to 7am the last week.

We never implemented a routine, had a flow to the day.....

My eldest was a lot older as she had ear infections constantly so was very varies in her own routine....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chicken and eggs mum For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    About 4ish months. I only implemented the 'feed play sleep' routine, more like a pattern, and DS dictated when, for how long, etc.

He now still has three naps a day (7mths) and sleeps approx 11 hrs overnight without waking.

I found as soon as I stopped paying attention to the time, etc, he just did it himself and I learnt how to read him

6:30/7pm - 7am is fantastic! IMO if you just let her 'feel' her way she will eventually drop those night feeds (reflux/colic pending ) and she'll be getting what she needs.

Fun isn't it? You're doing a great job

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkiCuddles For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    From my work in childcare, I wrote down when she fed, how long she fed for, when she went to sleep, when she woke up, and kept bath times to between 8 and 9am then between 4 and 5pm and after about 3 months I saw a rough pattern forming, and by 6 months she was well and truly in a routine of her own. I did not limit feeds, attempt to put her to sleep at certain times, feed her before she was ready or make her wait, I did not wake her when she was asleep, I simply kept a record of it all then noticed her pattern. I realised that if we were to do an activity it would be better to do it between 9am and 1pm because befor 9 was her bath and long breastfeed, after 1 she preferred to be home, but we could have people over until aboit 4 if we wanted.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (11-12-2011),smallpotatoes  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies!! Reflux and colic are such terrible things..when she wakes up crying from pain its so heartbreaking because I can tell she just wants to sleep but the pain isnt letting her . Am hoping when medication the reflux settles as I'm sure she'll sleep alot longer than.
    Her day naps are another story...she's a cat napper..goes down for 20-30min and than wakes up (either because she wants to or because of reflux/colic) and wants to play ! Sometimes though shes still tired but than wants to be held inorder to sleep..which is no help to my sore back !!
    I would love it if she starts a routine on her own...really dont want to try implementing one...she has a VERY loud cry and really dont want to listen to that when forcing something she's not agreeable to !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD settled into a bit of a routine at around 3 months but it's changed at every developmental stage. She's now 1 and sleeps 8 to 8 with 1 feed in between and has 2 2-hour naps. Samar81, have you tried paediatric osteopathy or chiropractic for your DD? Mine doesn't have reflux but it worked wonders for her sleep and overall comfort and friends have had amazing results with reflux. Good luck! Reflux sounds really tough.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wrena For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wrena View Post
    DD settled into a bit of a routine at around 3 months but it's changed at every developmental stage. She's now 1 and sleeps 8 to 8 with 1 feed in between and has 2 2-hour naps. Samar81, have you tried paediatric osteopathy or chiropractic for your DD? Mine doesn't have reflux but it worked wonders for her sleep and overall comfort and friends have had amazing results with reflux. Good luck! Reflux sounds really tough.
    I tried chiro, had 5 sessions but didnt see any change in hher colic,reflux or sleep ..i really wanted it to work,i'd read so many good things about it on bh threads...the chiro was very nice and explained everything but i just didnt notice a difference.. Guess DD wasnt one of the lucky ones for whom chiro works

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never set a routine i just followere my bub's lead. Both my bubs were in routines at around 3 months. Theres no harm in trying to stick to the routine they start to set.
    Id try and follow her lead, but dont worry too much if things change. SOunds liek your doign a great job!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (11-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I demand fed and implemented the 'feed play sleep' pattern. DS was very text book and fell into a routine within the first week. He would sleep for 3 hrs, feed for 15min and play for 45min (almost to the minute). For the first month, he would go down at 7pm, wake at about 3am feed and than back to sleep until 7am. Than at 1month I started doing the dream feed at 9pm and we dropped the 3am feed.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (12-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Their naps became regular when they dropped down to 2, which was around 8 months I think...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Laksa For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (12-12-2011)