+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Weird !!?? Hell no !! This is the ultimate bliss for me , both my cats in bed with me snuggling !

Your friend would die then if she seem how close my cats mouth is to my mouth when we sleep lol. They'd crawl inside me if they could I reckon , they are so affectionate !

Some people think its gross and that's cool , but I think it's awesome !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

NurseAnni  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 2 cats who are indoors only who sleep on our bed... By that I mean, IN our bed! They don't smell bad- someone else said earlier that their cat smelt like perfume and I agree- my cats smell is so addictive, I just love smooshing my face into their fur and inhaling! (Yes, my DH thinks I am mental!)

We do lock them out of the bedroom at night because they are way too active at about 2am but I guess with our first bub on the way, I may get used to getting up then anyway so maybe I'll let them back in the bedroom at night.

As far as the bubs room goes, we won't allow the cats in there until bub is old enough to be able to push them away if they get in bed with him and he needs more space.

We also have a dog- he is not allowed in the bedrooms but he does sleep in the loungeroom (on his own bed.)

I personally think that sharing a bed with a cat is one of life's greatest pleasures.

And I will continue to do so despite my MILs insistance that the cats will deliberately try to smother the baby. Haha, ok, my cats are way smarter than the average human being, but a deliberate murder plot against my child? Maybe not!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All of my cats have slept on my bed, i hadnt even considered that other people may find it 'weird'!

My current cat is the first one to snuggle under the covers, she gently wakes me so i can lift the covers for her to curl up under. While being pregnant she hasnt come under the covers too much - i think its too hot sleeping next to me. When she does her purring excites the baby. They have already bonded and i hope when bub arrives that their bond will continue.

P.S cats rule!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

austmum  (26-07-2012),HugsBunny  (26-07-2012),Pen14  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When my DP and i moved in together years ago, I brought my burmese cat. He had never had a cat before and said he's ok as long as he doesn't get on the bed. I said no worries with a knowing smile. Within 1 month mr whiskers had DP wrapped around his little paw and DP (who goes to bed earlier than me) was tucking him in next to him saying "he's cold!".

When our cat was an only pet, he would always sleep on our bed, sometimes in our bed cuddled between us if was cold. I guess it could be unhygienic, but he's indoors and gets washed regularly (he's a strange water lover) so never smelly. I love the smell of him actually, his fur is all velvety. He cuddles up to us like a teddy bear and is so sweet and purry. Quite often DP will fall asleep on the ottoman on the couch with a blanky over him and the cat curled up under he blanket.

Each to their own. Ours usually sleeps with the new kitten now, but he will still on occasion snuggle up on the end of our bed. I don't think its weird
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 26-07-2012 at 23:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our cats sleep with us and our kids. Often over breakfast the kids discus who got to sleep with what cat. It's quite on honour to be chosen by a cat here lol.

A bit of cat stealing goes on too. My husband has been known to go in and pinch his boy cat off one of the kiddos and bring him to bed.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to austmum For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (26-07-2012),Mod-Myztik  (26-07-2012)

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I've never met a cat that doesn't sleep anywhere it darn well likes, beds included..

Both of my cats sleep on mine or the kids beds.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

austmum  (26-07-2012),singlemumma82  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    I've never met a cat that doesn't sleep anywhere it darn well likes, beds included..

Both of my cats sleep on mine or the kids beds.
    when we had a cat he slept in the laundry...with his food, water, kitty litter and scratching post. We just closed the door and he slept there all night. He was obviously happy doing it too, if we had to go the toilet in the middle of the night (came off the laundry) he'd be curled up asleep, no matter what time it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope! Cats have always slept on the bed here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by austmum View Post
    Our cats sleep with us and our kids. Often over breakfast the kids discus who got to sleep with what cat. It's quite on honour to be chosen by a cat here lol.

A bit of cat stealing goes on too. My husband has been known to go in and pinch his boy cat off one of the kiddos and bring him to bed.
    Yes this! As kids, i used to fight with my brother over which one of us got the cat to snuggle up with us for the night. We were brought up with animals being indoors and part of the family so for me, i love nothing better than a cat curled up on my lap. If our big fella is asleep on my lap and DP is going to bed, he will come and take him off my lap and take up upstairs with him. He's like a warm, purry hot water bottle.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

austmum  (26-07-2012),Boobycino  (27-07-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My gorgeous boy is currently curled up next to me and almost has his head on my pillow

I've always had cats and they have always slept on our beds. I don't think it's gross at all. They have never been smelly and are always lovely and soft as they are extremely well loved and cared for

Must admit though, when I first got my dog and cat back from XH after not seeing them for six months they were both in pretty poor condition. My cat didn't want to be around anyone and it took a week or two for him to come and sleep on my bed again. During that time he'd been well fed with good food so his coat was glossy and soft again