+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How does it go? - Dogs have owners, cats have servants -

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pixie83 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (26-07-2012),Janesmum123  (11-12-2011),share a book  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't have a cat and probably never will - I don't hate them, just not a cat person. If I did I would keep it away from my bed though. A friend of mine got that horrible disease cats can give you (toxoplasmosis) as it was plonking it's anus on her pillow! She nearly died as she had another illness at the same time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope not weird. My cat sleeps with DD because DS is in my room in his cot. And she is 8 so old enough to be ok with the cat. My cat is indoor only brushed, washed and clean. He does not smell at all. I can't handle pet smell.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My elderly, indoors only cat sleeps in bed under the covers with me when it's cold.
    She can't handle the cold and has always been a bit sickly so I indulge her.
    DH is seriously allergic to cats but he knew I was a cat lover when he met me, and I told him there was no way I was getting rid of the companion that had been with me for years. He loves her as much as I do now so he tolerates it cheerfully and takes his telfast lol.

I can't handle dogs in bed. DH has always had dogs in and on his bed, but I find dogs think that they're on the same level as you (the boss) if you allow it so I won't.
    DH has sulked about that at times, but after seeing his parents terrier get overly aggressive and territorial because they weren't strong enough pack leaders, I'm firm on it. Especially with a small child in the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm if it's weird I'm weird as my dog and cat sleep on my bed every night and DD always ends up in my bed, do grateful for a big queen size bed cause as it is there's never much room for me.

And yes, my cat also sleep under the covers when it's cold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    How on earth do people keep them out? I tried that once by shutting the door and she meowed until we let her in.

They aren't dogs. Their fur isn't as smelly and they don't have any control issues if you let them sleep in the bed. As a PP mentioned, cats don't have owners. I've never heard a more accurate statement.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

share a book  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My big fat cat sleeps on my bed, now that I am pregnant it's usually either on top of my tummy or on the pillow next to my head with the full on outboard motor purr going. I can't sleep without knowing she's there.
    I have a golden retriever and a labrador who sleep in their own beds in our bedroom at the foot of the bed.
    We often joke that we are not quite sure why we bought a whole house when all of it's inhabitants are generally within 2 metres of each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Not weird. Our cat usually sleeps on the end of our bed, but during winter he comes in under the covers at 4am like clockwork. Whatever works!

I feel bad because DS sleeps in his own room but we 'co sleep' with the cat! I'm sure once DS is in a bed, the cat will move in with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    How on earth do people keep them out? I tried that once by shutting the door and she meowed until we let her in.

They aren't dogs. Their fur isn't as smelly and they don't have any control issues if you let them sleep in the bed. As a PP mentioned, cats don't have owners. I've never heard a more accurate statement.
    That made me laugh! Last night my cat wasn't ready for bed and I shut the door so he carried on until I got up to open it again.

And yep, I have the cat, dog and child end up in my bed by morning. The dog knows his place though (cat, then me, then dd, then fish, then dog lol) even if he does sleep on my bed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Benji  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    to me, yes, it is odd and gross!

Animals are not people and do not have the same hygiene practices and will NEVER be welcome in my bed or the children's.

I know some people do it, it makes me shudder and I would avoid sleeping at their houses lol

I don't think other people shouldn't do it....but when i hear of if i cringe and think "ewwww".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast