+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Before DH and I moved in together, my 2 always slept with me. But like Waterlilly, they got kicked out because of his allergies.

We had cats as kids and they would always wind up in one of us kids beds. I like it and miss it! Their purring is a lot nicer than DH's snoring!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not weird in the slightest.

I am concerned about all these cats who 'smell' though ... My cat smells like perfume. Seriously. I think it must be something in her saliva when she cleans herself or something. She smells better than I do!

She sleeps in bed with us. She sits on my bedside table and nudges my head with her paw to let her in. In winter she spoons with me, in summer she lies opposite me with all of her paws touching my belly.

It is gorgeous I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

It gets weird when you get up in the morning to pee, and she meows at your feet until you invite her to sit on your lap mid-flow

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

NurseAnni  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I grew up with my kitty sleeping in the bed (he liked to be tucked in with his head on the pillow!). Now our kitty has the option to sleep on the end of the bed, my DP draws the line at her sleeping in the bed or up around our heads...but if it's just us 2 girls we have a snuggle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bath my babies. I then dry them thoroughly. No smelly, wet pets in my bed either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would do whatever makes you feel comfortable, it certainly isnt wrong to sleep with your pets!

Personally I wouldnt do it with cats. The thought of them ravaging through rubbish bins and dead birds and whatever else they get up to on their travels, then coming into bed with me, kinda makes me feel sick LOL!

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Last night when I went to bed I found our mother cat, her daughter, my 2 yr old, and my 5 yr old all in my bed... The trick is finding enough room for me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    Last night when I went to bed I found our mother cat, her daughter, my 2 yr old, and my 5 yr old all in my bed... The trick is finding enough room for me...
    I'd go sleep in the 5 year olds bed !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry Crumble View Post
    I would do whatever makes you feel comfortable, it certainly isnt wrong to sleep with your pets!

Personally I wouldnt do it with cats. The thought of them ravaging through rubbish bins and dead birds and whatever else they get up to on their travels, then coming into bed with me, kinda makes me feel sick LOL!
    Hehe and that's why my cat is an indoor only cat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by samsausage View Post
    Well, I met up with a friend today and we got to discussing sleep. She made mention of the fact that my DS is a great sleeper and I said something along the lines of 'yes but the damn cat keeps me awake some nights'. She was horrified, and I mean horrified that our cat sleeps on (and most night in) our bed.

We have had numerous cats over the years, all bed sharers, is this totally weird??
    She has obviously never had a cat. Imagine trying to tell the boss where he can sleep! Ours also sleeps in our bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefully2 For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    She has obviously never had a cat. Imagine trying to tell the boss where he can sleep! Ours also sleeps in our bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Lol that's right! We have a fridge magnet - 'Its the cats house, we just pay the mortgage'

thanks all for the replies, I feel less like a freak now!